Dynamic ip to Static , How ?

Moonrider

But this thing don't change my ip from dynamic to static , coz this ip when you like have Mu server or Counter-strike yeah? And your IP is changing after PC restart , or network reload . So you register like BestCs.no-ip.com . And u won't need to change ip for ur server. I will go there and see what they can offer to me!

if you want a static ip i would contact your ISP and talk to them about upgrading or adding on a static IP..  Also you are going to need more bandwidth than a consumer connection offers to host a server at home.  Again, business class will do the trick or even a dedicated t1.

You might try this (I'm assuming you have cale or DSL internet):

Connect to the internet, then open a DOS prompt and type ipconfig /all and hit enter.  Look for your IP in the resulting infrmation, and write it down, along with your DNS server addresses, your gateway IP, and your subnet mask. 

Then modify your network connection handling your Internet connection(instructions assume Win2k/X/2k3):

Select Intenet Protocol (TCP/IP) and in the general tab, click the radio button that's marked Use the following IP address.  That will unlock the fields.  Enter all the information you wrote down, and click Okay, then click Okay again.

Since the DHCP server at the provider end has already authorized your MAC to use this address, it should take just fine.  Now, just make sure your computer always stays on.  Most DHCP servers are designed to automatically renew your IP address if you are still connected when the lease expires.  They usually only give you a different IP if you disconnect, and then reconnect at a later time, after the lease has expired.

As long as the DHCP server is not aggressively enforcing IP changes at given intervals, you should be able to hold this IP for as long as you want, provided your computer stays on.  Experiment with this, and if it holds, then maybe buy a Linksys router and a small UPS.  Let your router hold the IP, and the UPS wil keep it alive during small power outages, reducing the chance that you'll lose your IP.

Kind of a lot of jumping through hoops to keep an IP, but if you really want it without switching providers and paying more, this may work for you.