pc problem

cif

i recently bought new ram and a new hd for my dads pc as they were fauly. i stick everything in and then boot up and set up the bios (which is think is right) then press F8 to boot from cd, it loads really slow, and then it says disk boot falure enter system disk and press enter, ive tried putting my xp disk in and pressing enter, it then loads for awhile again and then comes up with same message, disk boot falure, insert system disk and press enter. i have also tried doing the same with the motherboard disk and im still getting the same thing, any ideas?

on and ive tried clearing cmos and it still wont work

i put the hd in another computer and i get the same thing, how can it be the hd when its brand new, i think its somehting to do with the computer, can youo get different types of hd's? well other than sata and ide of course, the two pc i want it on is excactly the same as the one i tested it on, only the one i tested it on has a gfx card and the one is using on board, and they have different cpu's but the rest is excactly the same, i think it might be the mobo, like not somehting wrong with the mobo just it cant use that type of hd or somehting? im probibly wrong but what do you think?

cif ;Go into the BIOS & select the HD as the primary start device & see what happens.

Do you have an OS on this HD?

The reason I thought it might have been the HD cable was it had the problem in two computers.

I don't think you should have to press F8 unless you are trying to boot in safe mode.

on my PC I can select the floppy,then the cd, then the HD as the start devices in that order & it will still eventually boot from the HD after deciding I'm not booting from the other 2.I don't have my PC set this way but I have tried this just to see if it would work.

rammolo is right it should be the master HD if you have more than one HD...Since you said the one you had was faulty I assume this is the only HD.