Connecting Connections?

brock01

alright i got a situation here and hopefully you guys can help me a lil bit. Ok i have a wireless setup, in my room i have wireless pci card, i have another pc with nic connection, and i have a router im not using, same as the router that is splitting signal, is there anyway i can share my connection from what i have in my room, or use the router in some way to give that computer internet wirelessly(or ethernet cord from my comp to that one) without buying another wireless card. i tired saying it as clear as possible, if you have questinos please ask as im wanting to try to get this hooked up, thanks everyone :D

Yeah you can do that.. It is called ICS.. you need to have 2 pieces of ethernet cable.  and the computer that has wireless you need to have a NIC.

To do this.. connect the wireless computer to the router into port #1.  NOT WAN!

Connect computer #2 to port #2.

Then go to network connection folder.  right click the wireless card and choose properties.  Then select advanced.. enable Internet Connectio Sharing.  This will assign an ip address to computer #2 and share the internet with that computer.  You are going to have to have the wireless computer on to have the internet on the other computer.  You also have to make sure that the NIC on computer #2 is on obtain ip address automatically and not static assigned!

Let me know if you need more help!