HOW CAN I HIDE MY ISP. FROM OTHERS ON MY NETWARK?

kh6vtt

Thanks to all of you who replyed to my first posting.  I will try to be more direct with my question.

I live very close to the phone companys switching room, so I get a good connection.  I have friends that live a few miles from me, they can't get DSL. I have a DSL modem here at my house hooked to a router, and a AP. I have a high gain antenna, and two miles away I have a Bridge, and a AP. It works just fine. My compition here doesn't like me doing this, and I think they will go to one of my coustomers, and ping my ISP, and tell on me. What I am looking for, is a way to make my system not to tell them who, or where I get my service.  I hope this is clear. I am very new to all of this, so please forgive me if I sound stupid. Thanks again  Michael

HI : I am using a DSL from SBC, and have several other people on wireless. I talked to SBC about them paying me to use my service, and they said, they don't care what I do with my DSL. I find that hard to believe. How can I hide my ISPs IP from others? Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks

You can't hide that... if they run a tracert to themselves will will be able to find out what ISP they are on...  I don't reccomend doing that by the way, you may want to check with the terms of service at your ISP's website.  I doubt they allow this and think the person you spoke with on the phone just didn't know what they were talking about... you shouldn't do this anyway, your connection doesn't appear to be fast enough anyway, judging from the scores I have on you in the database... sharing this connection is going to hurt your performance ;-)

TELL HIM MAN,, Seems like someone has to talk since into him. At first I thought people were stealing his connection,, duh turn on firewall and password protect router.. but i see thats not the case.. Dude if your isp sees like a constant network connection with massive data downloads there GOING to suspend your account I guarantee it....

TELL HIM MAN,, Seems like someone has to talk since into him. At first I thought people were stealing his connection,, duh turn on firewall and password protect router.. but i see thats not the case.. Dude if your isp sees like a constant network connection with massive data downloads there GOING to suspend your account I guarantee it....

or make him get a business class connection ;-)

Guest jeffwalker9999

dude check out this site

www.jwire.com

it is all about wireless connections

I know of no way to hide isp

you might want to look at going through a proxy server or proxy service

post in jwires fourms - i'm sure someone can assist you

or head you in the right direction