Aim alternatives

richcornucopia

trillian... it has aim yahoo and a couple other IM clients built into one.

erm... did you read his post?

I'm an aol instant messanger user but am getting tired of the stuff they bundle with it so I'm looking for an alternative. I've tried trillian it its nice but I don't need all of those different logins and its a little cpu hungry, . Any suggestions?

:-P;)

I'm an aol instant messanger user but am getting tired of the stuff they bundle with it so I'm looking for an alternative. I've tried trillian it its nice but I don't need all of those different logins and its a little cpu hungry, . Any suggestions?

i was sorta in the same boat as u a while back...i had tried everything...trillian, gaim, miranda, etc, and none of them just quite felt as 'smooth' as regular aim...but the problem with regular aim was that it was full of ads, bundled programs, and other junk.

then i tried deadaim, and it was good, but unfortunately, it started becoming not-free software, and then eventually it just stopped being developed.

so now, i use Messenger:Mate...i paid 5 bucks for it, but i guess its worth it, as messenger:mate is actually updated unlike deadaim.

http://www.versoworks.com/mm/?p=home

Theres the link to it, its basically just an AIM addon, but it makes aim a lot less annoynig to use (no ads, added features, etc).

I dunno if an addon was exactly what you were looking for, but i figured it might interest u