Help from 4000 diehard.

tommie gorman

Oh goody goody,I hope! DW 4000 just arrived today $5+$10 shipping.Looks to be intact. Does anybody know if there is anyway to be sure,if there is a way to bench test it with out hooking it up online. To see if it is going to be operatable  when I hook it up in Sept. when my contract is up??

Yes Ebay.

You can't hook it up with your current contract?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1658 Kbps about 1.7 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 202 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: Fri Feb 24 2006 19:56:18 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 30X faster than 56K 1MB download in 5.07 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 82.8 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5DXOZFSIP

holly crap a speed burst lol

You can't hook it up with your current contract?

Last time I called daytime sales tech said that they will not recomission a 4000 until my contract was up. So I assume NO.

Nightime never has any answers except how to try and keep them running.

Just called tech support and they said to plug in where 6000 is and see if lights all come on, if so O.K. Thanks, unless you have some other views. But no it should not actually work until commissioned.

Well the lights all came on so I guess I will be joining your ranks in Sept. Thanks for all your help. See you then. I know, big deal.Lol

P.S. Bird fan, it did not connect to the internet.

P.S.S. It did use a different U.S.B. cable. 6000 uses bigger than standard U.S.B.  cable.

• 4 weeks later...

Thedish for the 4000 is the same for the 6000 only diff is the apperance. You need to be carefull what you are changing and all the work you are going to go through and you might be wasting your money. The 4000s are a dime a dos, I have 3 laying aroud my shop and I just play with them. The self hosted sys are the way to go. (no software to jack with on the comp) I went to the 7000 and never had it better 1200 down and 200 or better up and my sig is only 50 most of the time... I found out the key lies in the bird and the transponder that you are on and its peram settings.