Speed Test

tm24ns58

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I just think some computers really do like the optimizer over the cablenuts. Maybe it is made for DirecWay. Who knows. The Rev. was on DWay 6000, wasn't he? Maybe that all figures. So do you have the optimizer with the slide guage like justinlay,or not?

If you have the slide guage on the main screen what did you set it to. Should be about the same as the 6000 I would suppose. I was going to try and test that style next.

Cool, I just think some computers really do like the optimizer over the cablenuts. Maybe it is made for DirecWay. Who knows. The Rev. was on DWay 6000, wasn't he? Maybe that all figures. So do you have the optimizer with the slide guage like justinlay,or not?

If you have the slide guage on the main screen what did you set it to. Should be about the same as the 6000 I would suppose. I was going to try and test that style next.

The Reverend made the TCP Optimizer program, I think.

As far as I can gather he just did as Van Buren does and did some math to create a set of settings for the DWay 6000, which is what he was running at the time, and which no one had come up with yet, For the older model optimizer. It is still is working for me today. As for his other contributions I could not tell you of any. But his setup surely did get me started.

As far as I can gather he just did as Van Buren does and did some math to create a set of settings for the DWay 6000, which is what he was running at the time, and which no one had come up with yet, For the older model optimizer. It is still is working for me today. As for his other contributions I could not tell you of any. But his setup surely did get me started.

Even though tweaks don't do much for the speed...

Speed is again each persons definition. One person should not tell another that their particular speed is not correct, just because it is not what that person thinks it should be.Bird Fan thinks it should be under a constant load. Like mine for fast page loading and browsing. In my case my computer is faster than his for what I want it to do.. In his case his computer is faster than mine for what he wants it to do. Now if I tested with the 579 file and posted a 3000Kbps+ then he would have the right to say that I might want to try a larger file test. But if I do a ," Connection is:: 1450 Kbpsabout 1.4 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)" then that is justifiable because I put it under a large load and it is operating the way I want it to, just not the way Bird Fan thinks it should be. It is right because I want it to perform that way.

For my speed it is a lot! Thanks. ;)

I really am enjoying my speed whether it is "politically correct or not"

Moral of story is if you are getting what you want it is great. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and that is mine!!! :D :D

Actually, a speed burst doesn't show how fast your page loads. It's about pings as well ;)

And I get about the same bursts when I use another computer... and I don't see any faster page loading on it.

Also, we don't really know if yours loads faster than mine.

YOUR RIGHT. OK.

Did you notice that you are the only one that is upset with me?

If you are willing to try and help me with my suppposed problem, I would appreciate it!

By the way what was the problem again? I forgot.

I'm the only one who is upset with it because I'm the only one that realizes that a speed burst is inaccurate.

And I never said there was a solution to your problem. Just go back to posting your 5mb speed tests... They were a lot more accurate.

You lucky guys in the civilized world. The rest of us do what we can afford to do out in the boonies. There are better types of net but I would have to pay about $300+ to get better service. So direcway is pretty much the only answer for now. And when the city goodies get very close I will probably have to move again because I enjoy living out here.

You lucky guys in the civilized world. The rest of us do what we can afford to do out in the boonies. There are better types of net but I would have to pay about $300+ to get better service. So direcway is pretty much the only answer for now. And when the city goodies get very close I will probably have to move again because I enjoy living out here.

If Direcway would only get rid of the FAP, slow peak hour speeds, and bad pings, I would like it.  The way it runs at 130kb/s consistently in the morning is great, and I could live with it.

Hahaha same here bird LOL no dsl or nothing here yet working on get cable WEEE if cable does come i well get dway cut off in a heart beat and let them have the money and use there stuff to shoot at :)

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 894 Kbps about 0.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 109 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (server1)

Test Time:: 2006/03/02 - 7:46pm

Bottom Line:: 16X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 9.39 sec

Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 98.78 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-C9A3DTP52

LOL better then dail up :)

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 783 Kbps about 0.8 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 96 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/03 - 1:20pm

Bottom Line:: 14X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 10.67 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 86.42 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KPSE4N2ZA