Scaling the firewall of digital censorship (Discussion)

Swimmer

Would you help those in other countries bypass content filters?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you help those in other countries bypass content filters?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Here the difference between being informed and being involved is critical.  This is a serious ethical issue that is highly controversial with no resolution in sight, so getting involved can prove a very large responsibility.  If you want to get involved personally, power to you.  Me, I like to be aware and informed, but since it is not on my doorstep, I will share my opinion, but I don't see the point of getting involved.  Whole lotta headache, if you ask me.

Cencorship will always be around.  There's always somebody trying to keep you in the dark about some secret they have.  But it's everywhere, hell I can't access 90% of the Internet from work cause they have it locked down.  China is a huge country, and there is realistically no way to govern that many people without setting some rules in place.  Those people choose to live where they are, and so they accept the laws of their country, just as you and I do.

I voted no.I have explained in other posts that I basically hold to protectionism for the USA.This would be just one more way to get us more involved in world politics which always seems to create more problems for us than it solves.ie Iraq

I totally agree! Everytime we help someone we get the shaft. And right now we somewhat get along with Chinese. Why mess that up! They will get along. Now if they asked for help, hungry etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Dude Try to be a little less naive

if one country can censor the internet what keeps the rest of them from doing it?

heck we can censor it here in the us 2

freedom of speech is overrated

the Internet has always been border less and free lets try to keep it that way