Road Runner is real slow. Help Please

joinerl09

For the past week, Road Runner has been real slow. I can't reach speeds when surfing the web more than around 50-60k/sec. I'm at least supposed to reach speeds of at least 350k/sec. I puchased a 5 megabit internet package from Road Runner. I have 3 (2 wireless, 1 ethernet) windows xp computers, each with service pack 2 installed. One computer is a HP Pavilion A510e (3.2 gig processor) with 512mb of ram. The second computer is a off brand computer that has a AMD chip (2.4 gig processor) with 512 of ram with. The third computer is also an off brand with a intel celeron chip (500 megahetz processor) with 128 mb of ram.  I have a Toshiba PCX5000 cable modem. The 2 wireless computers are using usb Linksys WUSB11 wireless adapters. I pinged all 3 computers several times on pcpitstop.com and the average ping time was ~1000.3 milliseconds. There's a sample speed test that was taken on one of the computers. If you need anymore information, just let me know. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter. :D

.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 409 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 50 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server1)

Test Time:: Sat Feb 18 10:39:00 EST 2006

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB download in 20.48 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 9.55 % of your hosts average (rr.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZI62WJ79F

I resetted the modem this morning. My anti-spyware scans for spyware each day at 2 am. My cable modem has an allowed access list so the modem only allows only the 2 computers. So i doubt that someone is leeching my speed. The test was wireless. Speeds on the wired computer are ~150 k/s. I'll  contact Road runner today.