Extreme Overclock

dlewis23

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IM running prime95 right now and it seems to be running good, the cpu is up to 42c, everything seems to be working.

You would neet to run prime95 on it for maybe 10 hours - if it comes out without a single error it's stable.....i can load up my 3700+ at 3.3 but as soon as I run prime it crashes ;)

In the bios I set my voltage at 1.55, but it says its only at 1.47-1.49 in everest. Is my motherboard undervolting or is everest reading it incorrectly? When I go to pc health stats in the bios the voltage also is 1.55.

My guess is that Everest is reading it incorrectly.  Everest read the several things incorrectly when i tried it,  but all in all everest is a good program

1) I think that 1.71 is a lot more voltage than you should put through your processor - the 90nm processors, like the 3700+ you are running, should not be at more than 1.65 volts - voltage kills ! - some amd cores, like barton will run at higher voltages than 2.0 - but ....i wouldnt advise you to do that on a sandy

2) If you would like to find out the true voltage of your processor/chipset - get out a voltmeter and find a guide that tells you where on your motherboard you can measure the effective voltage - in many cases not even bios will tell the correct vcore

*my thoughts