Verizon's westell modems and gateways and my connection

MttFrog13

What do ya'll think of the westell gateways and routers that verizon and i think bellsouth sends out with the package. Are they worth keepin? I keep having problems with my connection and when i reset my westel 327w it works again. I think it might have something to do with my registry, i use ccleaner and if i ever reset my computer, i mean wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows, it will work again, but once i edit the regitry it doesnt work again, i ONLY ever delete thing that deal with a program that i KNOW i unistalled so i dont see where this is coming from. Could it be my gateway, firewall, should i switch and buy a new modem and router. Could it be my pc itself, i'm on a hp pavillion 743c. Does anyone else use a wetell modem or gateway and have the problems. I am just trying to find the source of the problem, help me please!

Im using a westell gateway router and modem in one. I have the same one as you.  But this thing is truly a peice of crap.  Every few hours or so i loose my wirless connection and then i have to reset the peice of junk.  The reason i have not gotten a new router is because i am broke and i guess i can deal with having to reset my router ever so often.  I highly recommend getting a new router, get a d-link i have heard some good reviews for those.

• 2 weeks later...

i've had a westell in service at mom's house since 1998, before Verizon bought out BellAtlantic & screwed the entire DSL service 8 ways to sunday....not sure how much the westell box has changed, probably not much due to verizon's very shallow technical affairs.

Try this fix , it will make a difference in that line stability:

1-- enter a dummy LAN ip into your tcp/ip settings window (198.162.1.20 for example), this works due the fact that Westell's modem actually creates a virtual network.

hope this helps  :cool:

-JxL