XP updates issues

Stealth

Hey iv been lurking on and off here and i have been trying alot of tweaks and even managed to get my D/l speed faster; but recently iv had to perform alot of sys restores and i think its due to the new XP updates.

When i run the updates, they install but when i goto watch streaming video; its all layered and jumpy.  So i have performed sys restore to clear them and re-installed WITHOUT the windows media plug in update. (which i thought was the problem) but it still has conflict...

There are 5 updates on my list; has anyone else had this problem with the updates?  Should i just install them one at a time untill i find the one conflicting with my WMP?  And even if i find it; is it smart to avoid installing that patch? 

Its defintally the updates, cause when i sys restore; wmp streams clear and as soon as the updates are installed it wont :(  Is there another way?

Sry if these are stupid questions! 

I have installed the update with no problems, this is a critical update, here is a desciption from the Microsoft website:

"A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using the Windows Media Player Plug-in and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft."

Hey thanks!  I'll try the Faq.

The wmp (plug in) patch is NOT the problem; its not installed right now and im having the same problem!?!  However i cant give the list of the other 4 updates yet, untill i sys restore AGAIN!

Biker have you tried to watch (http i think) streaming media on "full screen"?

I'll try to get the list of the other updates later.

Thanks for the feed back :)

This is still driving me :crazy: !  I cant even watch saved video from my computer in full screen.  Its grainy and flickers and seems to have lost quality :(  But when i do a sys restore; it works fine and the streaming media is clear also.  As soon as i install the updates it turns to crap again.

Sry this is such a stupid issue;  but is there anyone who knows why it might do this? 

The faq dosn't deal with issues like "it use to work fine and now its grainy".

The funny thing is i can watch my saved vid's with VLC or other players and they are perfect quality...  I keep trying the faq; it must be in there somewhere :(

Ok i deserve the title N00b ;) 

I lowered my screen res and color quality (16bit) and it seems to work?!? On saved media anyway.  Not ideal but oh well :)

If only i wasn't such a noob ;) i might be able to help sum of the good people here  :)  Tnx again