Help Proxy Sites

Dark06

ok My school keeps blocking all of the proxy sites that we get our hands on so me and a couple of friends have decided to take on the challenge of creating our own proxy site. Does anyone know where to start? I want to run it right from my computer if possible so i dont have to pay for bandwidth.  I have a 3mbs down connection with a 512k up will that be enough? keep in mind that basicly all we want is to be able to get into myspace and other similar websites. We would try to keep the proxy site a secreat but we know that the adminastration will find it eventually or computer guy just sits all day and monitors bandwith all day. But see thats were we come in we would like 2 be able to change the address whenever we want so we would be geranted aceess to it whenever we want. Anyway anyone know what i need? What software? What operating system? Linux?

THX

ok My school keeps blocking all of the proxy sites that we get our hands on so me and a couple of friends have decided to take on the challenge of creating our own proxy site. Does anyone know where to start? I want to run it right from my computer if possible so i dont have to pay for bandwidth.  I have a 3mbs down connection with a 512k up will that be enough? keep in mind that basicly all we want is to be able to get into myspace and other similar websites. We would try to keep the proxy site a secreat but we know that the adminastration will find it eventually or computer guy just sits all day and monitors bandwidth all day. But see thats were we come in we would like 2 be able to change the address whenever we want so we would be geranted aceess to it whenever we want. Anyway anyone know what i need? What software? What operating system? Linux?

THX

keep in mind that most schools, block all traffic over every port inbound and outbound, the only way to get on is if you go over that proxy server.  so there is a 99.9% chance its not going to work. they do that so you can't do something like this.

keep in mind that most schools, block all traffic over every port inbound and outbound, the only way to get on is if you go over that proxy server.  so there is a 99.9% chance its not going to work. they do that so you can't do something like this.

That only works if the system administrator knows what he is doing. I could bet money that the administrator at my school doesn't even know what a proxy is.

That only works if the system administrator knows what he is doing. I could bet money that the administrator at my school doesn't even know what a proxy is.

the system admin at your school does not handel it, the county admin does, and i can bet $5000 that he does know what he is doing.

So your saying that if i install this on my hard drive take the hard drive to school open a computer and stick it in there i could possibly by pass the network firewall?

and get on myspace?

oh by the way im allowed to open up computers and stick whatever i want to it as a member of the Skills USA computer maintenance club but we are not under any circumstances allowed to use myspace the irony in that

Youd have a blast at my school then, they block everything with firmware in the router, to make things better you can't right click on the desktop, you cannot get into the C: drive andddd if you try to download something it says its disabled. We have found many ways around this though, you can click "run" and get firefox and download like mad. Last year though boces left there main routers password to default and only like three of us knew it, so we could get to any site we wanted. You just need to play around with stuff to get it to work. Most of the time if you try a proxy at school you won't get anywhere.

Youd have a blast at my school then, they block everything with firmware in the router, to make things better you can't right click on the desktop, you cannot get into the C: drive andddd if you try to download something it says its disabled. We have found many ways around this though, you can click "run" and get firefox and download like mad. Last year though boces left there main routers password to default and only like three of us knew it, so we could get to any site we wanted. You just need to play around with stuff to get it to work. Most of the time if you try a proxy at school you won't get anywhere.

That was my school last year untuil we broke in using linux and fuck up the server bad.

yeah the windows xp pcs still have those restrictions so we use slax or knoppix so we can dl shit

yeah we also found out that most of those settings only work for ie lol

firefox is so much better

but now they block every proxy site we have gotten our hads on along with myspace so we cant get around it

well for now anyway

what we are tring to do is build our own proxy now

Skills usa computer maintnance club

the club they created this year to keep us in line

secreatly we are the rebels and they dont know that we are double agents

we make it look like we are mad that they are (other students)bypassing the school when we are the ones providing them with info on how to do it

lol