DW7000, slow upload speed......

angela641

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 65 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 8 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (server1)

Test Time:: Thu Feb 23 10:59:34 CST 2006

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 128 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 81.25 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-M1FGQOA8H

Right now it appears that it is the satellite or NOC problem. I have business addition and I'm having they same issues as well as others. Be patient and it should come back up hopefully soon. GO to the listed site above to get a better reply from Dw users.

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 63 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 8 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (server1)

Test Time:: Thu Feb 23 13:48:06 CST 2006

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 128 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 78.75 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ER2A0ZHYM

Nope been like this since I got this thing and upgraded my service to professional..  I can understand if its not at the highest they offer 200/kpbs, but cmon 33? 50? At least be something in the 100's im not even close, what was the point of upgrading and paying more a month? Ya know? Im so frustrated right now.

Don't worry.  They ARE slow at fixing things, but they'll get it back up.  When it is running correctly, you should get that 200kbps.  But, that is not going to fix the vonage problem you had in the other thread.  Vonage just doesn't work with dway anymore, and they aren't going to fix it aparentley.  Net2Phone and Crystalvoice do work, as does netzero voice.

Ok, for the DWAY, im just sittin on hold here untiul the problem is fixed? then i will get my speeds??  What exactly is the problem? LOl..

AS for Vonage, that sucks, I wasted money on all this crap for it then lol... Which of those services  net2phone or crystalvoice do u recommend?? TY

Is there any reason that you wanted Vonage as opposed to landline/cellular?

I have no idea what the problem is.  The main problem is that the DW7000 was rushed into the market, and DWAY wasn't prepared for the increase and shift in customer base.  So they are having to work out all the bugs.

As for VOIP, I can't tell you which one to choose, mainly because I don't use VOIP.  The best answer I can give you is to post a thread on http://www.dslreports.com/sat

They are lots of experienced DWAY users there, who can help you with the VOIP stuff.

Well I live in the middle of nowhere (which is also why i got the sat) and the only phone service i can get is very expensive... they have a monopoly out here so i said screw u guys lol i aint payin out my arse for phone service hehe.... and ty ill go there n ask some questions :)

Don't worry.  They ARE slow at fixing things, but they'll get it back up.  When it is running correctly, you should get that 200kbps.  But, that is not going to fix the vonage problem you had in the other thread.  Vonage just doesn't work with dway anymore, and they aren't going to fix it aparentley.  Net2Phone and Crystalvoice do work, as does netzero voice.

Well, when the 7740 modem comes out, VOIP should work..

An Engineer is supposed to be calling me back to help me "troubleshoot" before they will send anyone out... im highly ticked off and Im going to dispute paying my bill also, why should I pay extra for a service that im not getting?  I upgraded my service for 10.00 a month more for 200/upl;oad and im not even getting 80 upload speeds... i might as well not have upgraded!! :(

If im not mistaken, the 7740 is NOT going to be availiable to US customers.  So the whole conspiracy theory about VOIP might be a moot point.

Angela, they will probably give you a credit on your account for the poor uploads.  The only thing I can say is be nice, but be vigilant when you call!

If im not mistaken, the 7740 is NOT going to be availiable to US customers.  So the whole conspiracy theory about VOIP might be a moot point.

Angela, they will probably give you a credit on your account for the poor uploads.  The only thing I can say is be nice, but be vigilant when you call!

I heard it would be available for Business only.