What Spec?

PolaSeeds

Hey all,

I want to make a good media center pc that can do every think ie: watch tv and record it also play games and more, my question is what sort of spec and other things do i need so that i can build my own??

and whats the minimun spec i would need?

Thank you for  any replys i get :)

p.s this post might need moving :)

The most important things on these types of pcs.. Storage, video card, RAM, processor speed.  In that order, that is my opinion.  I would look into an ATI all in wonder series card, maybe 2x300gig hard drives, 1-2 gigs of ram, and like a 2.8-3.0 intel processor.

I would say no less than a gig of ram and no less than 200 gig of spaces,  even that is pushing it,  if ur gonna be recording alot of tv shows and videos than u could prob go for more hard drive space than that.  Also i recommend miniumum of 2.5 GHz intel processor or u can go amd,  which imo are better for gaming,  in that case i would recommend a minimum of a amd athlon 64 3000.  Also the ati all in wonder would be the logical video card because it offers media center capabilities and also a decscent gaming experince

PolaSeeds bare with us

i think for us to come with a recomended specs is going to take a while

a lot of opinions here

do you guys think its worth going for a dual core for a media center

i would recomend it but if you are short in cash go for a single core

a good remote control would be the

Logitech Harmony Remote 680

an ok video card

Nvidia Geforce 7800GT

In my opinion 2.8-3 is actually overkill. If you plan on hooking up this media center pc make sure you get a video card that has svideo out, or if you have an hdtv, hdtv out.

I thought I just read something that no video card can output at true 1080i, HD, due to DRM and the fear that someone would "rip off" the creators of the media.. Might be wrong but i swear there was something just in the news about this.. I am going to have to do some research.

Found what I am looking for.. http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=851

This is my emachines T6522 media center specifications.

"The powerful, blazing fast eMachines T6522 desktop offers high-performance computing that's ideal for business, home or personal use. The T6522 desktop carries an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor, 1GB of swift, agile DDR memory and a big 200GB hard drive. This outstanding The eMachines T6522 desktop also features a superb DVD

hell, I think a 1ghz, 512mb ram 128mb video card (for standard definition tv) will be a basic DVR/PVR. only if it;s used for only that purpose. Now wanting to multi-task and do other things like burning and web browsing like we normally do of course we would need something a bit stronger..

tommie gorman looks like ur graphics card is built into the modo

is that ok does it do the job ?

Works great for me. I did think I would upgrade my video card one time. Bought an ATI Radeon 9250, it drug the pages like it was stoned or something. Never cold get the drivers right. Next time I did a total recovery I just did not install it again. Loads pages quick and clear. I basically wasted about $100 for nothing.

Then again I don't play games either, so a lot of people would disagree with me, I am sure. ;)

DVD's are clear also.

Also add on card did not share memory, but this must have enough power that it did not matter, evidently.

Also no driver problems!

This is my emachines T6522 media center specifications.

"The powerful, blazing fast eMachines T6522 desktop offers high-performance computing that's ideal for business, home or personal use. The T6522 desktop carries an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor, 1GB of swift, agile DDR memory and a big 200GB hard drive. This outstanding The eMachines T6522 desktop also features a superb DVD