bitcomet

Ryan314

Ok im having a problem with bitcomet.. i get very little seeds and about 50 peers. a friend of mine downloaded the same thing and he had about 300 seeds and alot of peers..

the fastest dl speed ive been getting is about 50kbps.. now tis down to 20-30 kbps

anyone have any suggestions plz!?

thanks

Ok im having a problem with bitcomet.. i get very little seeds and about 50 peers. a friend of mine downloaded the same thing and he had about 300 seeds and alot of peers..

the fastest dl speed ive been getting is about 50Kbps.. now tis down to 20-30 Kbps

anyone have any suggestions plz!?

thanks

Are you downloading at 30 Kbps or 30 kB/s. Download speed on BitComet is usually displayed in kilobytes, kB/s, instead of kilobits, Kbps.30 Kbps would be about 4 kB/s. 4 kB/s is pretty slow, but 30 kB/s is fast for BitComet.

The issue with the seeds may be that alot of the users are in one area, and the time you try to download from them is a time when they're region is mainly offline(ex. night). It also depends on which site you use to search for Torrents.

TorrentSpy usually has a lot.

--Matt

ya thats right, the more seeds the faster the dl usually is, just because theres alot of seeds doesnt mean theres not alot of downloaders as well which could be taking the speed that your friend got

what you need to do is, get utorrent and then go to options, speed guide, and click test if this port is forwarded properly

and that will if your are having a issue with connectability or not

Guys, I have been using Utorrent for about 2 weeks now.  I didnt do any of the port forwarding because im lazy and I got a bit confused lol.  But it seems to download fine since the other day I was downloading something and it was going at a speed of about 90 kB/s... I saw that speed and figured it was working all properly.  Right now Im downloading something only at about 10 kB/s...

Yeah, I gave up and just reset the modem.  (it resets the username/pass).  K Im in..........I have brothers and sisters that all use their laptops to connect to the router, would I have to do anything to their computers? (they probably wont let me touch them lol)

now what you do is, you set your computer as a staic computer with a ip, choose one thats higher than the normal dhcp ones, say like 192.168.1.120 and you would be fine so you dont get the message of theres an error someone else has the ip in your network, then you go to your router page and choose a port matching your program your using, and enable it for your ip, ex the 192.168.1.120

and you should be good

if you got more questions post em up