New DW7000 have Repeated Complete Outage between 6pm and 10pm CST EVERY NIGHT

Guest Lylewilliams

Guest Lylewilliams

We got the DW7000 Installed 2-15-06 and next day had no service. Signal Strength has never been above 52. Had to be gone for a few days.  Only really used system for past 3 days.  Had the installer back and they re-aimed the dish and put in a ground at my insistence. The last 3 nights between 6pm and 10pm CST we lose the signal completely and then right around 10pm it comes back great. Suspecting Radar or Radar Detector interference. Trying to learn more about Radar Interference.  We are 10 miles from an airport. We are really isolated with no neighbors closer than a 1/4 mile and to the south nothing at all for 2 miles. ANY IDEAS? It looks like this:

7:24PM February 25, 2006

SYSTEM STATUS

Signal Strength 30

Receive Status Receiver locked to a unknown network. (RxCode 7)

Transmit Status Transmitter unavailable due to receive signal problems. (TxCode 6)

Software Download Status All files are up-to-date.

Commission Status Commissioned [Keys updated]

TCP Acceleration Status Not operational

Web Acceleration Status Not Operational

SYSTEM STATUS

Signal Strength 30

Receive Status Receiver locked to a unknown network. (RxCode 7)

Transmit Status Transmitter unavailable due to receive signal problems. (TxCode 6)

Software Download Status All files are up-to-date.

Commission Status Commissioned [Keys updated]

TCP Acceleration Status Not operational

Web Acceleration Status Not Operational

10:15pm suddenly back up

Connection is:: 825 Kbps about 0.8 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 101 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (server1)

Test Time:: Sat Feb 25 23:05:06 CST 2006

Bottom Line:: 15X faster than 56K 1MB download in 10.14 sec

Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 90.86 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-BHPVJ9SQX

Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 120 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 15 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (main)

Test Time:: Sat Feb 25 23:08:13 CST 2006

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 68.27 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 50 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-EAQZ8H7FY

WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS.  PARTICULARLY FROM ANYONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT HOW FAR A RADAR DETECTOR CAN SEND OUT AN INTERFERING SIGNAL so I will have some idea how many neighbors and how far away I have to check.

We got the DW7000 Installed 2-15-06 and next day had no service. Signal Strength has never been above 52. Had to be gone for a few days.

Which satellite and frequency are you assigned to?

Many of these type problems are DirecWay's fault (though they will never admit it) and the only way to fix them is to switch to a different frequency...

Check his signature...

Ah, I see says the blind man. 

Not familiar with that frequency. Today we went through about 8 frequencies on that satellite with no result over 50. We settled back to the original frequency that gave a signal of 59. We were also trying to troubleshoot a intermittent problem on a system installed 2 days ago. Worked fine for the rest of the day after install then yesterday began working and then not working...

Regarding your problem, since the original installer didn't ground the system, perhaps they also made crappy connector attachments. Check each connector and make sure the pearly white insulation is even with the silver interior base of the connector. If there is a gap of more than 1/16, or if the base isn't pearly white, that could be a culpret. If the cable is not pearly white, use a toothpick to try and scrape the pearly white area and clean it up. If they are OK, Try swaping the cables between the transmit side and the receive side by unplugging modem, swap cables at dish then swap cables at modem and retry. If signal is up but transmiter gives problem it could be the cable. Anyway, those are a couple of simple things that you could look at that could result in the problem you identified.

Guest Lylewilliams

Thank you.  I will add the cable testing method to the bag of tricks I am accumulating.  Signal stopped the 6-10 outage this past Sunday...not it just randomly goes to Signal Strength 10  then sometimes back up to SS 52 at max.  I got bags of concrete, a 21 foot section of Schedule 40 steel pipe and will be erecting a pole to mount the dish on. Direcway gave me a work order number so now I have to wait until March 10 to get a tech here to do what I could do (if I wanted to ***** my warranty) pull the Dish off the roof and put it on a pole and hope that makes for an improvement after a 3rd re-aiming.