HD data retreival & removal

cholla

I split this topic from Search Engine Removal of Personal Info -Protect Yourself Against Identity Theft as requested (cholla)

jeffwalker9999 ;I knew you could find forum posts with a search engine if you have a common user name like mine then there is other stuff among them.

For the personal information it seems most of the sites for this want a fee for the information.

I will have to see if I can find it but I ran across some software for erasing old deleted data off a hard drive like the forensic information the police extract.They said they didn't sell this to individuals.Only to certain businesses & the government.Not that I have anything that would incriminate me that I know of .But what if a hacker could pull it off your HD remotely.

This is the software:

Data Elimination Suite

http://www.forensics-intl.com/suite3.html   

M-Sweep Pro is part of the suite.

http://www.forensics-intl.com/ms.html

This is part of their site info below.

Who can, and can't, get M-Sweep Pro?

Unfortunately this software can be used to eliminate evidence of criminal violations and

terrorist activities. For that reason, NTI restricts the sale of the product to Fortune 1000

corporations, government agencies, pre-qualified lawfirms, pre-qualified accounting firms,

hospitals and pre-qualified law enforcement agencies.

Guest jeffwalker9999

www.deletenow.com

good site and works to get rid of info from web and search engines

I know how and have applications to totally wipe and not be  forensic traceable

((delete software to DOJ and ISO standards )) for harddrives

but not for web sites or search engines

uninstaller 4

bcwipe

others

I also have access to gov and hacker based applications - too if needed

I too have nothing that would incriminate me

but these are applications tools

and not  for search engines or web sites

again finding old info on search engines

is not a good thing

and a good way to cheaply have them deleted is this site

:haha:

you ain't going to id theft me - lol and hope

I dont want my info out there for public viewing - so this site is a good idea and does work

I have found a new service/site that will delete

your personal info from world wide search engines

and they are cheap and a very good service

check out this site http://www.deletenow.com/

"Most people don't know there is a big chance your name, address, phone number, and even a map to your house are currently available within seconds. And it doesn't take a programmer to find you; anyone with even the most basic computer skills and access to well known search engines, directories and databases can find your personal information quickly. "

On a personal note:

My old address in Canada and Phoenix was on the web

and that was from like 1992 and is now deleted

Also:

I did not know that my posts on forums were on search engines

all I had to do is search my user id to locate it

and now they are deleted -thanks to this service

php ;You should check out the link.I have throughly erased a HD to do a clean install or thought I did.It showed no OS afterward & 0 data.The software that the link site sells some of it is for retreiving data from an erased HD.

I have some software called IBM PC Doctor that does an extra good jod of erasing for a clean install.But if the sales hype on the site is correct someone with the right software could still retreive data from the erased HD.

Guest jeffwalker9999

"Most people don't know there is a big chance your name, address, phone number, and even a map to your house are currently available within seconds. And it doesn't take a programmer to find you; anyone with even the most basic computer skills and access to well known search engines, directories and databases can find your personal information quickly. "

retreval of data from harddrives is very easy

unless really deleted totally and I mean totally

that software is in my collection-too

or to a lab that does it

but from search engines and web sites

www.deletenow.com

php ;You should check out the link.I have throughly erased a HD to do a clean install or thought I did.It showed no OS afterward & 0 data.The software that the link site sells some of it is for retreiving data from an erased HD.

I have some software called IBM PC Doctor that does an extra good jod of erasing for a clean install.But if the sales hype on the site is correct someone with the right software could still retreive data from the erased HD.

If a drive is properly wiped, you can't get anything from it (anything useful anyway)

@jeffwalker9999... quit posting that over and over (site name and description)

If a drive is properly wiped, you can't get anything from it (anything useful anyway)

I don't have any of the retreival software so I can't say what it would find.Have you ever used any of the DOD level retreival software to see what it found on an "erased HD"?

I don't have any of the retreival software so I can't say what it would find.Have you ever used any of the DOD level retreival software to see what it found on an "erased HD"?

I have ....and when you erase it with a degausser there's really nothing left...lol

Harddrive cleaner:

Quart of gasoline and match!  :violent5:

lol... I'm not sure that would do it... Oxyacetylene torch on the other hand... :twisted:

Although I still think it's fun to throw them off a mezzanine until they're in pieces... :lol:

I have a freind that works at a scrap metal yard maybe he could run the electro magnet on his crane over the HD.  ;)

Aggr3 ;I have a degauser on my monitor menu but I don't think I can get it to my HD.

:haha:

Seriuosly I would like to see what data that an expert could get off a HD that had just been formatted & was supposedly erased.