C43lenut and speeds

Stealth

Hey This site owns! :D  I runs tests here most days now :)  But i have some questions, after reading some posts.

I have been getting good speed here but they seem alot higher than im ment to be able to get :D  I heard Van Buren say that if the setting are wrong you can get false results or surges.  I cant even remember what setting i used, but i tried afew untill i understood it, and now i have better results.

Iv been testing against the speed test server that my isp gave me and i always get better results here :) I was going to try Van Burens new settings but i dont want to stuff my sys and have to fix it AGAIN after iv only really started to get it good... anyway i get bad ping playing online : ok here is the latest test

Im on 256 bitstream:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 273 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 33 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (server1)

Test Time:: Thu Mar 2 23:23:21 UTC+1300 2006

Bottom Line:: 5X faster than 56K 1MB download in 31.03 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 28.09 % of your hosts average (co.nz)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-OEC5VG4DF

The real question is should i risk losing my current speed by changing my cablenut settings?  Are my CN stettings wrong and thats why im getting high

ping?

Here are the stats i get from another server:

Broadband Speed Test: How fast can you go? 

Speed Location Hosted By

255.6 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet

248.1 k New Zealand - Auckland Ihug

262.5 k New Zealand - Auckland Orcon Internet

250.1 k United States 1&1 Internet Inc

250.5 k United States Nibble Information Systems

Should i just be happy :) with this? :P sry if the questions are dumb, im just trying to find my limit...  Oh yea thanks Van Buren and Ca3le!

• 5 weeks later...

1.The real question is should i risk losing my current speed by changing my cablenut settings?  2.Are my CN stettings wrong and thats why im getting high

ping?

1.What system are you running? If yu are running Win 2k or XP you can use the system restore tool and create a savepoint before you try any new settings. Also I've found out from this forum that after saving new settings to your registry that it will take a few days to let the new settings set in well. I waited a few with mine and after the wait they are doing great. It is all about patience. If for some reason you do not like your new settings after waiting for them to set in you can always restore your system back to your earlier settings. If you don not have the system restore tool you can create a backup of the registry and save it to a file you specify. If you need to know how to do this let me know and I will tell you how to do that as well. Remember though if you don't feel comfortable using the registry DON'T DO IT because you can and probably will mess something up.

2. Post a tracert to this board and then we will be able to help you. (Go to start,run, type cmd, type tracert www.testmy.net) If you do not know how to copy the tracert go to the top left of the screen, click the icon, select properties, under the options tab check QuickEditMode, now you can either do a select all or use the cursor and drag it over what you need and press enter. Tadaa. Now paste it into your post.  :D

no problem, glad your maxing out Stealth  :D

cablenut dosent increase, or decrease your ping at all.

cablenut, helps your PC to max out your avalible bandwidth

when you hit cap 256 Kbps, then ping will increase, thats normal

VanBuren :)