VOIP

mbrainerd

Anyone on the board using VOIP with their broadband connection?  I just ordered through Lingo.com. I live in a small town where my DSL costs me $69.95 per month for 1024/512 service and to top it off with their  phone service everyplace I call is long distance. Cell phone works as long as I am outside or in my kitchen.

Just wanted some feedback if anyone is using this servie.

Appreciate it.

mbrainerd,

Welcome to the site I hope you enjoy and don't forget to tell your friends about the best testing site on the net!!! To answer your question I had Voice Over Internet Protocol before but don't have it now.The company that I worked for sold this service and thats the main reason I had and used it, I think its a pretty cool concept and liked having and using it.For someone that makes a lot of long distance calls or needs to stay in contact with their employer its a great tool.I did have a little hassle to hook it up and get it running at first but after it got on line I never had any problems.

Microwave

Cool! This is by far the best forum and testing site I have found. Everyone is eager to help.  I have been telling everyone I know about it. I use to tell people to go to DSL reports  until I found Testmy.net .

I just wanted some opinions on Voip, I work out of my home and I needed a good calling solution. Cell phone and this phone company I have would cost me about $700.00 a month. I have never used it or know anyone that has, thanks for the feedback.