What laptop to buy?

DJVageli

Is this gonna be the college kid laptop for browsing, word processing etc? Or do you want some power for gaming? You need to ask yourself these questions to find out what kind of laptop you want, then we can recommend a good one that does what you want.

Think, battery life, gaming, built in wifi, how much hardrive space etc...

Is this gonna be the college kid laptop for browsing, word processing etc? Or do you want some power for gaming? You need to ask yourself these questions to find out what kind of laptop you want, then we can recommend a good one that does what you want.

Think, battery life, gaming, built in wifi, how much hardrive space etc...

Well I am currently going to college..but I dont really need it for word processing or anything,I guess something easy to carry around everyday,and with lots of RAM I guess..not really into the graphics for gaming,but good amount of RAM and a good CPU,since I also produce my own music

also how much do you want to spend

Maybe about $1200-1500

you like trance it looks like? have you heard "airwave' if you have do you know anything else similar to how it sounds

cause i loved airwave

Yep definately heard of Airwave..like "Save Me" and Rising Sun lol..ill pm you later about this ;)

if you are looking for mobility you might want to look into levono aka IBM..

Yea I heard theyre good for mobility and they have that biometric security lol...but does it provide enough ram?

Heres a possibility: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834115307

Its got a gig of ram a decent cpu and 100 gigs of space for your music and really good battery life, 5hours. Newegg would be a good place to look because you can filter notebook by things like ram, cpu, and hardisk space.

Looks great and cant beat the price for what its offering..but I never heard of Acer before...does it have great reliabilty?

Acer is kind of an up and coming brand, yes they aren't as well known as ibm, hp, or dell but they do make good laptops for a decent price. My sister has the bottom of the line acer laptop and so far it has worked great for her.

Sounds good...and with what they offer...its on my list now..but to buy it its only through newegg?

Yea I heard theyre good for mobility and they have that biometric security lol...but does it provide enough ram?

They do skimp on the ram.. however, the desktop are good looking!

If you really want to get a good looking laptop then I would find an apple store and checking out the new pro books.  They might be a bit much right now but i am sure that they will come down in price pretty fast.

Yea I definately agree that those Apples look great and pack a punch,plus they have a lot of ports which is always a plus..but its an Apple lol..no Windows or anything of that sort...whats your opinion on tablet pcs like that gateway one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7628695&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01175&id=1130986343160

not a huge fan of they type, the type where the screen can turn.  I have a friend with a toshiba one.. and we were sitting in class the other day and he turned it to take notes and the plastic piece that holds the LCD to the base broke off.  Now he has to ship it back in for repairs on it.. and from what he understands it is not covered under warrenty.

Wow...and I was just reading more on them and the Tablet PC OS and such,and seemed great with how I can use it for notes and still have it behave like a regular OS and notebook..but if its that flimsy and weak..then I dont know now...btw Swimmer..does it look funny when somebody twirls the screen around :lol:

Anyway thanks for the heads up guys..saves me from having that look on my face when the screen snaps off on me lmao

Wow...and I was just reading more on them and the Tablet PC OS and such,and seemed great with how I can use it for notes and still have it behave like a regular OS and notebook..but if its that flimsy and weak..then I dont know now...btw Swimmer..does it look funny when somebody twirls the screen around :lol:

Yeah it look a little wierd.. The first time I saw him do it I thought he was going to break his laptop. 

The next laptop I am going to buy is going to be a lenovo Z-series unless they offer the titanium skin on the T-series.. just looks sooooo good.

BTW i am looking at the Z series right now and you can get a 1.73 centrino and 512mb of ram for $1500

I dont have it right now.. if I get it.. I would replace my Dell I8600 which is my main pc here on campus.  It goes with me on the road, class, gaming, just about everything.

I am planning to hold off until I get my first job because the graphics are not all that great in the Lenovo laptops.. they are professional laptops so they dont come with ATI or Nvidia chips.