What laptop to buy?

DJVageli

Id say go with Sony or Fujitsu.  I loved my fujitsu, but Best Buy lost it in shipping and I got it replaced with a Sony Vaio.  The vaio has been a great computer and I love it.

Also yeah the tablet pc's are kinda flimsy.  Reminds me of my phone (Nokia 6260).  Its a flip phone that can turn its screen around.  Its nice but I have this fear that Im ganna turn it to fast or something and the screen will snap off.

Yea the VAIO is another great laptop..and from what I read..the gateway has been tested for some 25,000 swivels lol..so I dont know,I guess I'll see when I go to the store..but ill be looking at the ones recommended here..thanks everyone :D :D

Yea I definately agree that those Apples look great and pack a punch,plus they have a lot of ports which is always a plus..but its an Apple lol..no Windows or anything of that sort...whats your opinion on tablet pcs like that gateway one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7628695&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01175&id=1130986343160

for the same price you can get a much better laptop from toshiba.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7335289&type=product&productCategoryId=cat15157&id=1122652836448

Yea that Toshiba basically is the same as that Gateway Tablet lol..look very identical spec wise..but like RAINMAKA said..if theres a warranty on the swivel, a tablet would sure impress some people..and would be a great asset in class,and that Lenovo that Swimmer recommended got some pretty high reviews too

there is a Lenevo tablet but i think it is around $2300, that why i started looking at the toshiba. i think a toshiba with 1.8Ghz, 1Gig memory and 80 gig HD was around 1400. so its not too bad, plus taking notes on it in class is really cool.