Windows Themes Make Any Difference?

wyantm06

I start with Windows standard in Windows ME then custom color it like I want it.

A couple of things Screensaver select none,In effects I have everything unchecked but use large Icons;In Web uncheck"Show web content on my active desktop";

In Apperance use the system fonts for everything or any font that ends in .fon in your font file the .TTF true type fonts have a lot more bytes.IE & most browsers only use TTF but I use Trebuchet MS for web page font & ORC A Extended for plain text font.These are the least byte TTF fonts in the choices.

Under Latin based this setting is in Internet Options Fonts

In FF the font settings are in toolsoptionscontent & the advanced too.

I'm not sure if this is available in XP but try High Color(16 bit) in Settings in Display

wyantm06: Is XP different than ME on the color selection. My display properties accessable from control panel or R.click on the desktop will let me use about any color I want. It doesn't have as much individual button control as the Window Blinds does in the screen shot coknuck showed .

wyantm06: Is XP different than ME on the color selection. My display properties accessable from control panel or R.click on the desktop will let me use about any color I want. It doesn't have as much individual button control as the Window Blinds does in the screen shot coknuck showed .

My XP has 16 colors.

to use any theme, what u have to do is patch your uxtheme.dll file so you can use any 3rd party theme on your computer

this is a patch that does it automatic

if u want to do it manually

after doing this, you are supposed to be able to use any theme or visual style you download. The one I'm using I got it at http://www.deviantart.com/

desktop15gw.th.jpg

Ok why does StyleXP cost after like 60 days? Why does every theme have a a$$ load of spyware with it on xpthemes.org? Oh and why wouldn't the one I chose work? Do I need to do the patch someone posted? Answer these ? please! Thanks...