DW7000, system. computer issue? Surfing This page cannot be displayed

pyronut

I have a new DW 7000 system, Getting worse and worse. When surfing, I get This page cannot be displayed. I have two computers. one works beautifully, the other is the problem. I have tried everything I can think of and even the recommended from internet explorer, and directway. Direcway customer service ? Yeah right. I have tried Firefox also. One is a gateway with Media Center, works wonderfull. The other is a dell  Windows xp pro.The dell ?? ready to blow it up. I have tried with windows fire wall off and also my virus scan off. If anyone has some ideas for this please let me know. I am not a computer wiz, but I can get around. Thank you !!

I have a new DW 7000 system, Getting worse and worse. When surfing, I get This page cannot be displayed. I have two computers. one works beautifully, the other is the problem. I have tried everything I can think of and even the recommended from internet explorer, and directway. Direcway customer service ? Yeah right. I have tried Firefox also. One is a gateway with Media Center, works wonderfull. The other is a dell  Windows xp pro.The dell ?? ready to blow it up. I have tried with windows fire wall off and also my virus scan off. If anyone has some ideas for this please let me know. I am not a computer wiz, but I can get around. Thank you !!

I had this happening a lot yesterday morning until I reset my modem. Either do a soft reset from the System Control panel, or pull the plug from the wall and leave it off for 5 minutes before plugging it back in.

Post back with an update.

I have done this. That is what customer service had me do. It don't help. The Gateway has never had any issues at all. I am sure it is something in my Dell that is just not right. But I am not that smart.

Have you cleaned your internet cache?

If not, do it with Crap Cleaner available at www.ccleaner.com.

Also, did the Customer Service have you use a proxy?

I have a Quick clean running, I did go to ccleaner and also did that, the proxy? no i don't thinks so. I did the set up LCU from direcway.  I have not tried the LCCU with MS-DOS ?

Proxy:

In IE go to tools -> internet options -> connections tab -> LAN settings -> check both of the lower boxes and then go to Advanced -> type "192.168.0.1" without quotes in the top HTTP box, and put "87" without quotes as the port beside it -> then at the bottom under the exceptions, type "DirecWaysupport.com;192.168.0.*" without the quotes. Then hit ok or apply, and exit and re-open.

The LCCU was the thing from Dway, it had nothing to do with MS Dos.

The 7000 is supposed to have the LAN settings empty (not use the proxy as the 6000) ....the "page can not be displayed" and "satellite link error" is a NOC problem not a settings issue.

-- the problem occured quite often yesterday morning....have not seen it today. do still have high error rate/transmissions. 

as usual with most DirecWay problems....very little if anything to do with user end.

The 7000 is supposed to have the LAN settings empty (not use the proxy as the 6000) ....the "page can not be displayed" and "satellite link error" is a NOC problem not a settings issue.

-- the problem occured quite often yesterday morning....have not seen it today. do still have high error rate/transmissions. 

as usual with most DirecWay problems....very little if anything to do with user end.

It doesn't really matter. Some people have actually seen better speeds with it on.

For example, when this happens changing settings on your computer will not be the correct answer......

no doubt this will be a nightmare

Hopefully I'll be off satellite by then...  :)

I can't wait. Those still on satellite with be on the DWay 50k modem. Getting speeds of 2 mbps down and 400 up. With 800 ms lags, blackouts, and slow peak hour speeds.