DIRECTV Users

pitbull481

not about internet. tv service only  :D

how much do you pay for your service per month (include how many recievers you have, and what package you have.) All i see is the special promotion for the 1st 3 months but doesnt show what it will cost after that.

Swimmer:I don't have a HD television but it is supposed to be HD.I probably have the lowest price package available.It initially required a 1 year contract.It does have pay per veiw so the costs go up if you use that.

pitbull481: Ocasionally heavy rain will stop the signal but not every rain does this only a real down pour.Its windy here & I haven't had wind cut signal.btw the wind really affected the signal when I had cable. That would probably be a loose dish problem.Mine is roof mounted if it was pole mounted it might not even have the rain problem.I wanted mine mounted in a less visable place on my house so it isn't where the installer origionally put it.This did slightly lower signal stregnth.

I've had Dish be out 30 minutes to an hour in a thunderstorm but in the Texas Panhandle we sometimes have 70mph+ winds with a thunder storm.I have never had snow even heavy snow interupt the signal.Overall a much better picture than cable which almos any wind above 10mph began to produce a poorer picture by the time it got to 70mph the cable almot always went out sometime for several hours.Btw I had the cable from the pole replaced & still had the problem.Probably underground would have fixed it.I don't know how the cable co.would have felt about that since everything in my neighborhood is in the air.So the would have had to run it down the pole & across the alley & I would have had to do the undergroun work on my property.There cables that connected to mine would have still been in the air.So this would probably have ben a lot of work & expense for little benefit.So I'm much better satisfied with the Dish.

Does any one use one of the 'Big" dishes ?I see them but don't know anyone wth one.What do they recieve these days?How much is free?

I have Dish basic 60 channel package 1 reciever.I have had it for about 4 years now.This is the total monthly price tax & all.

$31.86

pretty sure Dish offers this to a new signer for 19.99 fixed price ! Been on DirecTv for awhile...no cheaper packages, all over $42 (prices again went up), been thinking of switching to Dish.Dish also offers the 2nd box at no montly cost according to the promo flyer, DirecTv charges me 4.99 . Dont think I need 180 chanels anyway?

fikester : I guess I will have to look at the Dish for new customers Pkg.But what I posted is what I pay about $2.00 is tax.I only have 1 receiver.So maybe they are screwing the old customers a little.I don't know how I could get the new customer deal though.I would probably have to cancel : wait awhile then sign another 1 year contract.

oh yes direcTv does the same thing...its only new customers get the deals. I bet if you call and tell them you are going to cancel out because of that price......they will most likely reduce your bill? Would be worth the phone call to save a few bucks?

DirecTv reduce my bill somewhat...told them I was leaving for Dish, still not 19.99 month, hey 5 bucks is 5bucks right?

I remember when hughes dish hit the market at around 800 bucks for equipment/19.99 for total choice dual system was around 1400. Now the systems are free for the most part!

Here is a breakdown of what I pay.

TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly    45.99  ---Includes Local Channels

02/14/06  03/13/06  DIRECTV DVR Service Fee Monthly    4.99 

Subscriptions For Receiver: xxxxxxxxx 

02/15/06    Additional Receiver    4.99 

Subscriptions For Receiver: xxxxxxxxxx

02/15/06    Additional Receiver    4.99 

I have 1 Tivo unit and 2 receiver. Directv rarely goes out. It really has to be pouring down raining to make it go out. I would say it goes out maybe 2 per year here in MD. When it does it is only for a few minutes.

That is weird fikester. I just pulled my actual March bill as well.

Total Choice Plus Monthly---45.99

Directv DVR Service Fee Monthly---4.99

Additional Receiver---4.99

Additional Receiver--4.99

Sales Tax .55

I don't think I have any special retention or anything so I am at a lost for the difference in price. I did notice the website price as well. I don't think I will bring it to their attention.