Computer running slow?

krc1979

I'm probably just looking at this wrong or trying to find a reason why my computer is running slower than normal but i was messing around with Everest looking at stuff on my computer and found this and thought I'd see what you all thought. Under Front Side Bus Properties and Memory Bus Properties it shows the Effective Clock speed as 333 MHZ but the Real Clock speed as 167 MHZ. Is it me or does that not seem right? I realize this computer isn't top of the line by any means but I'd like to be able to squeeze any last bit of speed I can out of it. Also, I'm wanting to upgrade the RAM but not sure where the best place to buy it would be. I've checked newegg and ebay and a few other sites but not sure if it'll be compatible. It's  an HP Pavilion a320n computer with 512mb ram right now. I know it uses pc2700 ram. I believe it's suppose to be Non-ECC low density ram but i don't know much about all that stuff. Last time I upgraded the RAM in a computer was when I installed a couple 128 pc100 chips  :haha:. Thanks for any help you all may have.