5k and 12k speed test.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing that messed up my tests and made them get stuck was having my TcpWindowSize and GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize to large in cablenut then it would just sit there as a blank page but as i made it smaller the tests finished.    did you try the test with no tweaks or programs yet and see if it works?

Done so many test and such that I don't have any idea anymore what my speeds are. Used to be about 1030 on testmy.net. But after the site change and specifically one time i went to upgrade the ccleaner and downloaded the yahoo toolbar it all started. I know none of this should have any effect since I did total recovery. And it only gets this high on this site.

And by the way now that I have bent your ear too long, when I hit that link I just a blank page, no not any errors, just a blank page that says it is done in lower corner.

Also all the weird things that have been happening to everybody else has been happening to me, but just have not stopped on mine even after recovery.

12K test:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1135 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 139 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/06 - 11:32pm

Bottom Line:: 20X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 7.37 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 22.44 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-CW3FGRPAM

Just not fair, for me. I have old 60's geek down the street who runs a comp shop, but I would not know where to ask him to start. And he is not cheap, but he is reasonable. And pretty sharp. Modem, comp, settings, and yes(maybe something between site and my stuff). I am just lost! And again thanks.

Man I remember when I first got sat, man I thought 700 was slow, but I never imagined the other way could be worse. :angry5:

I finally got the page and hit the 16, and the progress bar went all the way across so i figured it was loading, and bam blank page again. MAN. hey if you need to sleep on it that would be fine with me. If so I am going to run AVG in safe mode and an ewido online scan before I go to bed, unless you want to keep trying, which is cool. i am self employed any way.

Hey by the way what controls a satelite's connection anyway, the modem I suppose?

And by the way now that I have bent your ear too long, when I hit that link I just a blank page, no not any errors, just a blank page that says it is done in lower corner.

Also all the weird things that have been happening to everybody else has been happening to me, but just have not stopped on mine even after recovery.

try to right click and save target as ;-)

I finally got the page and hit the 16, and the progress bar went all the way across so i figured it was loading, and bam blank page again. MAN. hey if you need to sleep on it that would be fine with me. If so I am going to run AVG in safe mode and an ewido online scan before I go to bed, unless you want to keep trying, which is cool. i am self employed any way.

Hey by the way what controls a satelite's connection anyway, the modem I suppose?

i'm gonna be on and off the comp but will be here a few more hours and when i see a post by you i will try to help you out whatever it may be.  do you have aim and i can upload a file to you and max that out cause i have 2000 upload and we can see the speed then.

what is aim, I guess not.

Is it something I could download?

Is that instant messenger(google)? If so I could turn it back on, but I have never used it. Always turn it off after a recovery, I read one time that ROM-DOS said that it was a resource eater big time so I just e-mail.