testmy.net Folding@Home team

Elite.Pete

:haha: I've got no idea how it says 4 computers. The only ones im folding on are my server and my main computer. It could be because I keep switching os's on my main computer and then folding, so it thinks its a different computer.

Yea ive done  that , it will drop off at about a week, when it stops hearing from that machine ID :)

edited by just-: taken out empty space

edited to take post text out of quote area :P

If I were to get a dual core processor, prolly opteron 165, and I ran folding on one core, would the other core be free to run whatever I'm doing, games, word etc? Or when I'm not doing anything, have to foldings running, one on each core.

In theory, yes.

If I were to get a dual core processor, prolly opteron 165, and I ran folding on one core, would the other core be free to run whatever I'm doing, games, word etc? Or when I'm not doing anything, have to foldings running, one on each core.

yes that can be done, you can actually tell windows what core to use for what process you want.