testmy.net Folding@Home team

Elite.Pete

well i haver 5  AMD Phenom 9750 2.4GHz all folding with ati 3870's so thats 15 cpus core folding and 5 gfx cards folding witch is a lot more folding power then a ps3

thought u were folding for another team now...huh?

I'm looking for someone that wants to fold with us. It's simple, fun, and helps cure all human diseases.

I'll walk you through setup, and assist you in whatever way you want.

It doesn't cost anything, nor are there any security risks involved.  The tiny client will not even effect the performance of your computer, it's made to slow, or even stop when the CPU is needed for anything else.

Just post questions here, of PM me anytime. 

Number 44352, is the number for testmy.net

• 2 weeks later...

Did you set up a user name, and our team number 44352, when you installed folding on your PS3 ?

If you did, you can find the stats <a href=http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=44352>here</a> , let me know if you need help with anything. W/ a PS3, you should kick some folding butt, big time, you could probably be in the top ten real soon  :grin2:

Did you set up a user name, and our team number 44352, when you installed folding on your PS3 ?

If you did, you can find the stats <a href=http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=44352>here</a> , let me know if you need help with anything. W/ a PS3, you should kick some folding butt, big time, you could probably be in the top ten real soon  :grin2:

Actually I am #22 now. Out of how many people though lol.

Made it to the top 12 and I did it the old fashion way, with 3 computers. :evil6: I don't need no stinkin PS3 to pad my numbers. :haha:

Eeeeeee............Well get with it then  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm kidding, ok , sweet that you got up here, it's kinda lonely lookin down from the TOP  :grin:

I will never be able to catch up to you. What are you up to now half dozen or a dozen computer running Folding@Home ? [ maybe a couple of PS3 too ]  :2funny:

Does any of the Beta programs help you fold faster?

The smp beta versions is where nealy 95 % of the points come from. You run this if you have a dual core , or , if you have several machines running, but to get several machines running, you'll need the smp client for that OS, and advanced knowledge of networking.   Stanford makes beta smp's all the time, for most platforms, so thats the easy past, if you have a dual core, your all set.

EDIT  Most of my point come from the mac in my sig. At least 1400 + of them a day. And i don't have any PS#'s on line....yet

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone using the new beta 6.02 console besides me, and if so , what is your progress ?  (IBX in water )

I've just finished the first WU and awaiting to see the point difference from the last core. Beta's usually take several days before they have enough mathematical information to assign point to WU's. So my question is if anyone has finished a unit yet ?

I am running version 6.20.  It has completed 24/500. Projected completion date October 9th. Wow that's a long time.  :smile2:

The more of the work units you complete  within the testing period, the more points you get.  Say the first WU is completed w/ 67% of the time left, you can submit another, or as many as the machine will finish. Thats how they calculate your points by the percentage of time left divided by days left, or something like that.

If you ran the console version, you would triple your points, by completing more WU's.

So what do I do, uninstall 6.20 and install the console version? That will delete all the work completed though, correct? Guess I better read up more. lol. I wonder if my comp can take it though, you know I've only got a Pentium 3.  :smile2: An old Dell Optiplex GX110.

So what do I do, uninstall 6.20 and install the console version? That will delete all the work completed though, correct? Guess I better read up more. lol. I wonder if my comp can take it though, you know I've only got a Pentium 3.  :smile2: An old Dell Optiplex GX110.

They always run cleaner running in a shell.    Definitely read as much as you can about running in console mode, you will have a rough time if you dont, I do it because it interests me, and because at times it can be rather challenging. running MPI, creating a network of computers that fold, and controlling themn from one remote place.

Just get as much reading in as possible, and I'll try and answer as much as I can.

Don't do anything until you know what your doing, otherwise , you may just discourage yourself.

Oh, definately. To be truthful, I don't think I could be discouraged. I like challenges, especially when it comes to computers. I am going to read up on this, I think I kind of jumped in. Other than Stanford's folding@home site, can you give me any other websites that would go into it in more detail?