testmy.net Folding@Home team

Elite.Pete

O your getting GPU2 Jobs. There are people with lots of cheap cards like 8600gt's that crank out those results. Potentially good point per dollar. I often get the same project. Over a few months I only got about 8 different projects. Now... I don't know what everything on this page means but If you got the server IP which assigned you the work unit you can look at the Server Status Page to see how many jobs are left. For example server 33 has 130,000 GPU workunits available. :shock: The "-smp" flag will launch 4 threads, if you have 4 physical cores then your off and running. If its a hyper threaded processor there is debate on the best solution.

Project 5766: Same protein, different variables.

Symmetric Multi-processing:

Console Flags

O your getting GPU2 Jobs. There are people with lots of cheap cards like 8600gt's that crank out those results. Potentially good point per dollar. I often get the same project. Over a few months I only got about 8 different projects. Now... I don't know what everything on this page means but If you got the server IP which assigned you the work unit you can look at the Server Status Page to see how many jobs are left. For example server 33 has 130,000 GPU workunits available. :shock: The "-smp" flag will launch 4 threads, if you have 4 physical cores then your off and running. If its a hyper threaded processor there is debate on the best solution.

Project 5766: Same protein, different variables.

Symmetric Multi-processing:

Console Flags

I think my GPU WU's have been coming from Server 50. (Which is odd because the WU fields are blank on that server.)

Thanks,

EBrown

Dec 23 2011 Stats Update

First let me say Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all! Stay safe and be smart if you decide to do some partying!

We continue to gather speed and climb the rankings and most peoples ppd seem to be climbing a bit. Good Work :thumbsup:

post-60-0-99727700-1324646827_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-44153500-1324646840_thumb.jpg

The smp console client with the -smp flag will get multicore WUs on next job assignment. Using the "-smp" flag on non smp client has no effect. Awesome, EBrown is on the board. :grin2: Lorne, perhaps if you cropped the rankings photo it would be easier to read, just a thought. Nice Job Team.

The smp console client with the -smp flag will get multicore WUs on next job assignment. Using the "-smp" flag on non smp client has no effect. Awesome, EBrown is on the board. :grin2: Lorne, perhaps if you cropped the rankings photo it would be easier to read, just a thought. Nice Job Team.

Ah. That makes much better sense.

And yeah. I got 3100 points so far. :) Guess TMN got a new Folder. :P

Thanks,

EBrown

You paint skills can be zero just don't go loosing an intelligence level on us. :icon_santa:

Well I'm glad your 9800gt is stable EBrown, my 8600gt failed work units more often then it completed them. Dang Buntz is that your 6950 doing 300 points per hour? :icon_thumleft: That is mighty consistent.

You paint skills can be zero just don't go loosing an intelligence level on us. :icon_santa:

Well I'm glad your 9800gt is stable EBrown, my 8600gt failed work units more often then it completed them. Dang Buntz is that your 6950 doing 300 points per hour? :icon_thumleft: That is mighty consistent.

Yeah. You need to lower the clock. If I go too high it starts failing.

I'm at 4500points now. I seem to be getting about two WU's done each update (3 hours), and so far they've all been 5765-5767 projects. 353 Points each. :)

Thanks,

EBrown

I ordered the mobo for my new rig today the rest needs to wait awhile as funding Santa Claus isn't cheap :P But soon as I can order the rest we can look forward to a 300k ppd boost :D yep Tri your ppd is steadily going up and with those added your going to be crunching some serious Wus....WuFactor!

It's two HIS 6950's. They are overclock from 840/1280 to 920/1300 using Sapphire TRIXX. TRIXX also allows me to bump up the voltage from 1.100 to 1.156 to help keep the cards stable and also allows me to set the fan speed so the card stay around 70c. The computer usually run 24/7 and crossfire is disable.

Spec for the rest of the computer

Lian LI G-70 Case / Intel Xeon X3350 @ 3712 MHZ [ 464x 8 ] CPU volts @ 1.296 on CPU-Z [ watercooled CPU, northbridge, mosfet ] Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard

8GB [ 4x2GB ] G.Skill DDR2-1066 @ 5-5-5-15 [ 1:1 ] / Gskill Phoenix PRO SSD 120GB / 2-HIS Radeon HD 6950 / Samsung 245BW / Windows7 Professional 64-bit OS. The computer will be 4 years old in April.

Nice Buntz any pics would love to see that. Lian Li makes some sexy cases and with watercooling to boot :D I'm working on OCing my GTX 550 TI and so far it is at 1040/2070 from 90/2050 I believe. Voltage is still stock at 1.075 and running at a steady 50 Deg C under load. Using MSI afterburner with Kombustor for the OC. So far it looks like this card is capable of a big OC but will see after xmas when I have time to continue :D

It's not looking to good at the moment. In the last 4 years I have change the motherboard once,upgraded the video cards twice and upgraded the harddrives to SSD's. My cable management is a mess and the clear hoses are clouding up. Next month I will be changing the hoses and fixing the cables. I will get some pic then.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just got back after being gone from out of town for christmas and new years. What do i find when I get back? I'm folding for team 33! My buddy who I had housesitting thought it would be funny to get my computers working for his team while I was away...fakker lol. Will get them switched back tomorrow. Hope everybody had great holidays!

Lorne you did 70k points in a week? Nicely done. Wow your consistent Buntz.

Yeah. You need to lower the clock. If I go too high it starts failing.

My 8600gt was failing at stock clocks so i gave up on it. EBrown how ya doing?

Lorne you did 70k points in a week? Nicely done. Wow your consistent Buntz.

My 8600gt was failing at stock clocks so i gave up on it. EBrown how ya doing?

Mine was still kicking ass. (Been playing a lot of CoD lately though, so it's been off.)

Thanks,

EBrown

i used to do this when i had windows but i now have ubuntu...can i still do it??

Yes you can fold on ubuntu, and it's very easy.

Do you have a 64 bit machine ?

On a 32 bit , just grab the latest linux folding client ( by clicking the link you will download ) OR

open terminal / applications>accessories ~ terminal

Move to the tmp directory

Type:

cd /tmp
Then we download the client Type:
wget http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/FAH6.34-Linux64.tgz
Next we open the archive Type:
tar -xvf FAH6.34-Linux64.tgz
Now we'll have the proper files to run folding, but first we should make a home for folding, it's own directory. Type:
mkdir ~/folding
This will make the " folding " directory in the root path, now we move the core to the new directory we just created. Type:
mv fah6 ~/folding
Now we will configure folding. You can do it from where were at , but best practice is to know and see where were tuning what from. So lets go to the folding directory
cd /~folding
You can type : code
ls
to see the contents of " folding " directory if you like Configure folding first time: Type:
./fah6 -configonly
You will be presented with the configuration , but the client will shut down after your done. We can re configure anytime if we make a change that we do not want. Don't forget to use testmy.net's folding team #44352 And don't get confused during the configuration , just type your username , the team number, and hit "return" for the rest, unless you already know you want to make some changes to the default config. When your finished , we run folding by typing in the " folding " directory:
./fah6 -verbosity 9
The verbosity flag will show more of your progress, your percentage completed Thats it ! If you have a dual core processor , then use the "-smp" flag after " ./fah6" , so it would look like this:
./fah6 -smp

You can use other flags , but this is a simple way to get folding up and running.

Leave that terminal reduced, it will kill the client if the window is not open. We can configure a way to run on boot, and other options , but for now, your folding !

thinking about (if the gf wont kill me for using even more electricity!) building a decent/cheap computer to fold 24/7. along with me just literally 2 minutes ago setting up my ps3 for folding. (gonna hook up the laptop hdmi to tv and watch some hulu) lol.

on a side note, im desperately trying to convince the gf i "need" a new computer. its gonna have a 6990 in it along with either an ivy core (if i can wait) or a 3930k i7. so considering that which folding client should i use on that one (if i actually get to do the build)?

edit/ on a side note, i remember mudman you helped out alot on my first system for folding...if i get to do what i plan with new computers this year, you gonna be ready to help out some more? :-P

Edited by RyanS