testmy.net Folding@Home team

Elite.Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I folding my heart out!  My fingers are getting sore.  Who knew origami could be so fun?

Oh I am also Folding@home for testmy.net.  I might be some competition - i just cant get the kids to get the PS/3 running the client too.... talk about selfish little imps.

I folding my heart out!  My fingers are getting sore.  Who knew origami could be so fun?

Oh I am also Folding@home for testmy.net.  I might be some competition - i just cant get the kids to get the PS/3 running the client too.... talk about selfish little imps.

:haha: :haha: You would be amazed at how the ps3 folds. I turn mine on from time to time and shoot to the top of the 24 hour list for our group.

I swear they reduced the points given per WU for normal computers, can't even reach 500 points per day. Damn them PS3 bastids. :tickedoff:

yeah.. i was getting an average of 1760 points for a WU in about a day. the last one I did was 343 points and it took a lot longer...like 2 or 3 days I think.. and when it finished it said there was 98% of the time to deadline remaining.. i'm hoping it picks back up...

I'm just wondering why the team's production has not increased more! 

There are so many users here that I know have some kick-butt systems  :knuppel2: that could really get the testmy.net  team really up there in the rankings.

Come on - use those CPU cycles!  [nerdly]

I'm just wondering why the team's production has not increased more! 

There are so many users here that I know have some kick-butt systems  :knuppel2: that could really get the testmy.net  team really up there in the rankings.

Come on - use those CPU cycles!  [nerdly]

Couldn't have said it better!  I think many people are afraid of what they don't know, so they just pass it by not knowing they could be having a lot of fun. Hell, it's just a tiny client that uses the unused clock cycles of the CPU.  Maintenance free!  I have clients running on Linux box,s and windows.  No problems ever! and Ive been folding for a few years now, never an issue, at all. :)

C'mon you, here's the link D/L http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download our team # is 44352  I think you'll be surprised at how fast you move up the list  :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

shit i can't even run this...i gotta uninstall and reinstall...it crashes my pc

stop it !   " IT " doesn't crash anything!   I have to say, the possibility of how , and where it was installed is most likely the issue.  Please explain what installation you have. weather it be the service or the screensaver gui .

Depending on your hardware, you may have to adjust the default settings  for the core to properly function.

shit i can't even run this...i gotta uninstall and reinstall...it crashes my pc

You also had trouble running Spybot if I remember right it crashed you computer too.. I think it time to have someone look at your computer. I run folding@ home on my  computers with no problems One a dual core ,the other one is a single core CPU.

i always did too...with no problems...

i took my box apart and cleaned everything out really good...fans and everything...and i'm gonna try to do the spybot thingy again here in a few...i was hoing that a little dust in there made it heat up as spybot and adaware were sifting thru stuff...cuz...oh i don't think i ever posted it adaware made it turn off too...so we'll see...

oh and i never did understand how to do the "safe mode" thing...so if ur gonna say that...just say "have ur son do the safe mode thingy"  :haha:

• 3 weeks later...