testmy.net Folding@Home team

Elite.Pete

moijean17 welcome to the forum :welcome: ...your post translates to something like this...i don't speak french...maybe you can use a translator to help you post  here this is the one that i'm using http://ets.freetranslation.com/ ...i'm sure there are others

>>>Moijean17 accueil au forum : accueillir : ...your poste traduit

I am a young African and I want to be your friend on this site, I not maitrise well then I want your address email for that one more better can discuss Messenger Yahoo or Messenger live of Windows. 

I myself call Kouassi Fulbert and I am quotation of ivory a country of Africa of the west. 

I use the translation site that you my data to reply you in English I speak anglas but with a lot of faults has the manuscript for I am a French-speaking one and I do not speak enough the English. 

My country quotes it ivory is a French-speaking country and the English not itself word that has the then difficult school to speak and to write correctly. 

But as I want to be done very good friend on internet has breadth this site, I would do the effort of all to translate in English for that have understand themselves. 

Thank you your friend Fulbert. 

ok guys, i just installed the folding at home thing. i decided that since i rarely max out my cpu (never have with this thing anyways) i'd put my connection and pc up to some good use.  :azn:

edit/ ok i have one question tho...my cpu is an amd athlon 64x2 5600+ 2.8ghz overclocked slightly to 3ghz... well i set the options to use the cpu to 100% when not being used...task manager shows 50% being used..is this because its only using one core?

.Yes you are running just one core. To run both core do this.

PC equipped with an Intel Core Duo/Core 2 Duo/AMD X2 CPU (dual core/hyperthreaded CPUs)

Create two instances of the FAH program that can be run simultaneously so that each core (virtual or physical) is working at 100%

Download: Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista "No nonsense" text-only console

Create a folder named "Folding At Home" and two sub folders called "FAH1" and "FAH2"

Copy the downloaded FAH executable file into each of the two FAH folders.

You must have each FAH executable in a separate folder!

Create a shortcut to each of the two FAH executables.

Suggest naming shortcuts FAH1 and FAH2.

Launch and configure FAH1.

Launch and configure FAH2, but when you get to the Advanced Settings option enter "yes" and change the Machine ID number option to "2". [FAH1 defaulted to Machine ID 1].

I also change the setting so the core are running at 80% instead of 100% to keep the heat down. My oc 4400+

would get up to 55c to 57c when running at 100% and it is watercool.

Like Buntz posted, but I do things a bit differently.

mkdir "C:Program FilesFolding@Home"

mkdir "C:Program FilesFolding@HomeThread_0"

mkdir "C:Program FilesFolding@HomeThread_1"

see, two separate directories  :wink2:

ext , copy to the  client to the directories ~

copy "C:Documents and Settings"YOUR NAME Will Be HERE"DesktopFAH502-Console.exe" "C:Program FilesFolding@HomeThread_0"

copy "C:Documents and SettingsYOUR NAME WILL BE HEREDesktopFAH502-Console.exe" "C:Program FilesFolding@HomeThread_1"

Pay attention to your path!

And don't forgett to use the "-local tag"!!!!!!!

cd "C:Program FilesFolding@HomeThread_0"

FAH502-Console.exe -local -configonly

thanks mudman.

i have an update, since i just started yesterday basically. im on my first WU and its 750/1500 frames. not sure if its fast or not but i've been at it for about 9 hours maybe.  im maxing out one core, and my cpu doesnt go above 47C....which usually is around 25C idle...but usually so far with F@H i've gotten around 38C temp.

but anyways. is that fast for my pc? or what?  :undecided:

My single core computer with a 3700+ oc to 2601 MHz [260.10 x 10,cpu voltage at 1.42]is now working on a 250000 steps file. It has done 75000 steps in about 14.5 hours.My CPU temp is 43c. This computer is on 24/7 and is the computer that I use to surf the web with. Folding @ Home is also going 24/7 on this computer. The text-only Console version allow you to run larger files.

Just start up my dual core computer it is almost done doing 2- 250000 step files .so when it starts a new step I will check to see how long it takes to do a step.

My single core computer with a 3700+ oc to 2601 MHz [260.10 x 10,cpu voltage at 1.42]is now working on a 250000 steps file. It has done 75000 steps in about 14.5 hours.My CPU temp is 43c. This computer is on 24/7 and is the computer that I use to surf the web with. Folding @ Home is also going 24/7 on this computer. The text-only Console version allow you to run larger files.

Just start up my dual core computer it is almost done doing 2- 250000 step files .so when it starts a new step I will check to see how long it takes to do a step.

yeh my pc is only on for like 7 hours a day....

I let my dual core computer run all night  With 2 console going [ one for each core ] it did 12 steps on each core in 6 hr or 30000 steps of 250000. I think the text only console version run faster then the windows graphical version does. My dual core computer is a oc 4400+ [2718 MHz] with both cores running at 80% for folding @ home and my cpu temp was 49c. I let both computers run 24/7 for a month than I got the electric bill  :shock:  that was the end of that. My dual core computer usually run around 4 hrs a night when I turn it on.

I never gave the electric bill a thought, maybe I should, I have three box's running 24-7, a local FTP server, modem, 16 port switch, firewall/router, VOIP  router, VPN router, a wireless router, wireless camera's and a rig to back those up, battery backup for the server and one for my gaming rig, a printer server, plus the laptops charging at night along with the cell phones slupin all night. And who knows what else.......

Dang , never thought about it, but the electric company must love me, wonder what my bill is, I'll have to ask the wife now. :shock:

Hmm, now you got me thinking!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, testmy.net is currently ranked 397 out of 111369 teams... that's pretty awesome!  :)  -- thanks guys, you're all kickin ass!  :)

We plan on kickin much more ass as well! Our outlook is in the top ten, it will take us another year, but we need everyones help!

If your not folding, please do so, you don't have to pay anything, and it only used clock cycles that you are not using, so come on, simple set up, and a no hassle gui is what it has to offer. Plus the ranking , thats more important.  :evil6: