testmy.net Folding@Home team

Elite.Pete

I'm trying to figure out what <<<<<< means, but maybe I'm not that quick,  you mean yourself ?  and your not folding, but you have a server that collects WU's  ?

<<<<< is like pointing to my username, so yes that is ME! :)

Folding or whatever, not sure what the lingo would be, all I know is my server is running the program and downloading stuff and things and bit and bobs and all that, but it is up and running since last night doing its thing.

i am currently, just from overnight folding on my ps3, which only gets stopped when i go to play a game...but overnight and until this moment (and continuing) i am rank 71 on testmy's team stats. and we've went up from 594 rank to 591 since the stats updated last  :grin: we need more people folding.....

my goal (although it wont happen anytime soon) is to catch up to mudman's score.  :2funny:

<<<<< is like pointing to my username, so yes that is ME! :)

Folding or whatever, not sure what the lingo would be, all I know is my server is running the program and downloading stuff and things and bit and bobs and all that, but it is up and running since last night doing its thing.

Hell yea ! Very cool !  :grin2:

i am currently, just from overnight folding on my ps3, which only gets stopped when i go to play a game...but overnight and until this moment (and continuing) i am rank 71 on testmy's team stats. and we've went up from 594 rank to 591 since the stats updated last  :grin: we need more people folding.....

my goal (although it wont happen anytime soon) is to catch up to mudman's score.  :2funny:

Uh oh..... hmm, I guess Id'e better do something about this  :twisted:  :haha:

Hell yea ! Very cool !  :grin2:Uh oh..... hmm, I guess Id'e better do something about this  :twisted::haha:

yeah you could change your information to add onto my username!  :2funny:

you know, im only using a ps3 so maybe i should bring in all of my old computers, plus this dual core im on and run them all 24/7....except the electric bill would suck

yeah you could change your information to add onto my username!  :2funny:

you know, im only using a ps3 so maybe i should bring in all of my old computers, plus this dual core im on and run them all 24/7....except the electric bill would suck

I think you might be surprised as to how good that PS3 processes the math units, there fast as hell ! 

Tell me about the client your using, maybe we can add a few flags to make things go even faster, usually there's a couple things that can be done that increase  the output tenfold, depending on the client.

not sure. all i know is i went through every option i saw and the only thing i have yet to test out is the change from normal to expert mode. but i have to wait for the work unit to finish before i can change anything. and right now i dont have the display plugged in so im not sure where its at on the current one.  :idiot2:

i'll check it out and see what client and version im using

edit/ i think im running version 1.3.1 on the ps3, although i dont see any links on google how to add flags or anything

not sure. all i know is i went through every option i saw and the only thing i have yet to test out is the change from normal to expert mode. but i have to wait for the work unit to finish before i can change anything. and right now i dont have the display plugged in so im not sure where its at on the current one.  :idiot2:

i'll check it out and see what client and version im using

edit/ i think im running version 1.3.1 on the ps3, although i dont see any links on google how to add flags or anything

You'll probably ad them in the expert mode, I'm not familiar w/ that client because i don't own a PS3, but i can learn.

yeah as soon as i get some stuff installed on my pc i'll set up the display for my ps3 to show and i'll check out the option so when it finishes the WU it will be on expert mode

Cool, just make sure, as you well know, know what your doing before changing some of that "stuff" lol I've learned alot by losing alot lol

lol yeah, i remember trying to change settings in things just guessing what i needed to change...i had to format once because of it.

Me too, many more times then just once, man, I remember all that, because I never could just leave well enough alone, still can't but there's a little more i know now, still, I mess things up, but I do it knowing there gonna mess up most the time  :haha:

yeah i've learned that backup DVD's and ghost images of my harddrive are worth making  :haha::evil6:

Yep, I clone my Hdd's, Keep all documents on a local server, then back up the local server on a local FTP server  :haha:  sad, I know  :haha: :haha: There's actually rarely nothing on my HDD, everything is somewhere else, there is right now, but I gotto clean it up.

ok, mudman, i set up the ps3 so when its done with the WU it will go into expert mode, and i have everything set to where it wont do anything except turn on a screensaver after a while, which after all of this stuff i changed on it (couldnt figure out how to add tags, but i got everything else set up best i could) it should add more power to this. and as of 2 days ago i was rank 77 on the testmy.net team...now im 63, and after this WU finishes i bet i'll be 61 or even 60. :P

watch out mudman, im slowly coming for you!  :haha:

ok, mudman, i set up the ps3 so when its done with the WU it will go into expert mode, and i have everything set to where it wont do anything except turn on a screensaver after a while, which after all of this stuff i changed on it (couldnt figure out how to add tags, but i got everything else set up best i could) it should add more power to this. and as of 2 days ago i was rank 77 on the testmy.net team...now im 63, and after this WU finishes i bet i'll be 61 or even 60. :P

watch out mudman, im slowly coming for you!  :haha:

Maybe just let it go for a while, I'm sure you'll be kickin ass dude, there's no doubt :) Looks like I'm gonna have to fire them up again lol  R ya ready ?

yeah, i only stopped it to get my settings correct. now im just letting it run, and yeah, if you wanna fire yours up, just under the  username make sure you type "starship_troopers"  :wink:

:haha: :haha: :haha: Yea, I'll get right on that one  :evil6:

Man, I want to fire up the mac, but remember, I need to open it up, and re seat the CPU , re-greasing it, it gets way too hot, and they had an issue w/ over slopping the damn thermal grease on some of these things, I just havent had time, but I AM GOING THROUGH WITH IT !  mama would be really pissed, i said i was gonna document the whole thing, for a guide, and i will.

edit..oh shit, there she is now    * ducks -n- hides *  * puts fingers over my own eye's and says " you can't see me now " *