testmy.net Folding@Home team

Elite.Pete

I know the discussion of a  two core machine running two services has been covered. My question is I have read , you cannot run two instances of folding on the media center version due to the fact it does not support multi-threaded operations. Is there a way around this? I have a laptop running a AMD Turion 64x2 .

It should work the same way...

Thanks Swimmer for the reply . Can you debunk this article ? I have a clean install, and would not care to have anything incorrect floating around the registry  :wink:

quote from : short-media.com

This guide does not apply to systems using Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Media Center Edition, or XP Tablet PC Edition because these operating systems do not support multithreaded operation. Windows 95, 98, 98SE, and ME don't even have system services in the NT sense so this guide doubly doesn't apply. Windows 2003 Server and XP-64 IA64 users are on your own; you may be able to run Folding@Home in IA32 emulation mode, but it will be slow and likely error-prone.

http://www.short-media.com/articles/foldinghome_on_multithreaded_windows_pcs

This is awesome  2, 000, 000 ! 

Yeah  c'mon Ca3ble wheres your name?  :protest:

by looking at the log...

ok , funny , but installing how I did, I cannot locate the log file  :shrug: usually it will install in the folder you installed from , but no icons this time. I guess I haven't much experience w/ the service install, and keeping track of it.

I found EM3, as a monitor, ( for networked box's running F@H ) but it keeps locking up on me , even after a second install  :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

just touching base..

hughes test site for using hughes net..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/ddfridd007/HUGHES%20SATELITTE/hughestestsite.jpg

it always pegs a little faster here..

share-EC5ODK7L9&dual=yes&q2=UVY680DWZ

all in all still very pleased with it after these past 4 months..

I trade stocks for a living..it's Mr. Reliable, so far..

no cable or DSL on my rural country road..so, am well satisfied..fwiw.. :smile2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

what is folding?..been out of the loop here for awhile..

would it make my conventional hughes Satellite faster?..safely and legit?..I'm all for souping up my system..right now I'm running along at this...and I have about 5 windows minimized..(if that makes a difference)..yahoo email, InvestorsHub, Ameritrade, etc..

share-9C0NVAR4L&dual=yes&q2=XSPY086HT

Your CPU quality will limit your performance. Don't d/l and use more than one core, some people do, but unless you have a dual core, and or a high performance gpu , then one will get a better score.And two will sometimes give strange conflicts w/ each other.

I use the " no nonsense " version, just because it runs in the background, and I don't use the screensaver.  But I have a couple machines running the graphical, no problems at all, I haven't touched a couple of them for over a year, and there doin fine.

ok thanks, but in the configure menu, under the display tab, it says something about the draw rate? is that just how fast it updates the graphical versions pictures of what it is working on?

No,well kinda, this is just what the screen saver looks like. You can also change it to " stick and ball ". 

Everything you see, in the " configure " menu, which can be accessed by right clicking on the icon in the taskbar, are the tweaks for the graphical component.