How much slower is your pc when you use downloaded themes?

wyantm06

The only way adding a theme to your OS and have it make your computer slower would be if ya had a slow computer or less than 1 gig of ram. Then you would really be able to tell a difference.

Yeah I haven't noticed any slow down since installing a theme. I have 1 Gig Ram, 2.8ghz celeron processor...So yeah all is running good, I love the Vista Theme :D

I just downloaded the Vista Inspirat and it doesn't slow my computer down at all...makes me feel special because I got the Vista OS early (if only it was the actual OS). Although it is about 450MB if you install the whole version, but if you have a large hard drive should be no problem. and as I look at the task manager it actually uses less resources then the regular XP theme does,

I just downloaded the Vista Inspirat and it doesn't slow my computer down at all...makes me feel special because I got the Vista OS early (if only it was the actual OS). Although it is about 450MB if you install the whole version, but if you have a large hard drive should be no problem. and as I look at the task manager it actually uses less resources then the regular XP theme does,

In the resources which one is the theme? Does it say theme?

Style XP is a very nice theme program but it does slowdown my computer at start up for as long as 2 minutes when it actually starts up in about 30 seconds.

How does it slow you down? You can set it to not start-up at all when you turn your pc on. No need for it to be open or loaded when you have your theme as what you want.

im hooked with it now!! all i did to fix the problem was to fix it with Registry Mechanic...

Nice! What's that software do? Does it clean the registry to make your PC run faster? Right now I use CCleaner and don't know if that works good enough. Let me know what that software does, thanks-

Nice! What's that software do? Does it clean the registry to make your PC run faster? Right now I use CCleaner and don't know if that works good enough. Let me know what that software does, thanks-

I use cCleaner too but i use it for daily cleansing of my temp files, cookies etc.  but registry mechanic i only use on occasions to fix some things that are bad or corrupted' but when your computer is scanned you need to pick and choose carefully which items ur gonna fix simply because it tends to mistake some registry's as bad sectors and deletes them thats why you have to choose the option to back up your registry in case something goes wrong....... i love it and it only messed up photoshop once.but that was a minor set back!!

I use cCleaner too but i use it for daily cleansing of my temp files, cookies etc.  but registry mechanic i only use on occasions to fix some things that are bad or corrupted' but when your computer is scanned you need to pick and choose carefully which items ur gonna fix simply because it tends to mistake some registry's as bad sectors and deletes them thats why you have to choose the option to back up your registry in case something goes wrong....... i love it and it only messed up photoshop once.but that was a minor set back!!

Alright thanks. I am not even going to try and use that software lol, knowing me I will mess something up.