Linksys wrt54G Install...

disturbed

....ah....i spent the last half hour reading reviews on the V5 wrt54g and everyone says they are trash....i really don't know what to do right now - whether to return it and get a V4 or keep it - are there some tests out there that I can run which will show me if this router will give me trouble or no ?

....aldsjfkla Q@#

Woohoo I bought mine off of zipzoomfly.com and I got v.3 so HAHA! lol j/k. But since this particular router is in the lime-light at this time I was just wondering if there are any routers you guys know of that get better range on wireless G. My wifes laptop isn't getting the best in the world and it's only like 100 ft. from the router itself, through 3 rooms and a short hallway.

Wow .... I must have got lucky with my v.5 or wireless card  as 100ft radius gets excellent signal, outdoors can go 200ft radius with very good signal 300+ ft low/drops out spotty coverage. The above is with a internal pro wireless card, the second laptop using an external Motorola card does not get the same coverage, not even close. I was amazed at the difference prior to testing thought for sure the external card would have surpassed the internal card easily?

And yes - frys electronics is actually selling the V5 of the wrt54g - luckily, in the stack of like 200 modems i accidently found a version 3.1 modem :) grabbed it right away and bought it - ....might have been the only one they have hehehehe ;-)

which firmware do you recommend for it ?