How To Get FDISK To Work?

wyantm06

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See I messed up my HDD earlier. I have EVERYTHING hooked back up the same but for some reason my DVD Rom drive will not read a disk if the HDD is hooked up...I have to somehow reformat my HDD somehow. Cuz when turn on my PC it says computer was shut down wrong blah blah and says start in safe mode and normal and all that I tried them all and al they do is show windows loading real quick then it hits blue screen then restarts. So I need major help on getting this to work. I screwed up by messing with this crap :(

Yeah found that out. I deleted the partitions and stuff, but now how can I install windows if wont work with the hdd in? I made sure I hooked everything back up right and now when I try to load a disk with the hdd on it wont work..If I unhook the hdd it loads the disk :( weird! Btw for some reason I don't think this bootdisk read all 250 gig of my space...looked like it said 40 gig it was reading?!?

ok little confused, how does it load when the harddrive is unhooked?? do u have 2 HDDs

No idea man! I have one HDD hooked to it and a DVD-rw drive hooked to it. now when the HDD is unhooked it loads disks to install windows..but if I hok the hDD back up it wont load windows disk.

ok, i take it u have 2 IDE controllers are 2 places to hook up a IDE cable, since u are only useing one, 1 of the drives should be set to slave are cable select, if u tried useing 2 cables u would have to change that. which drive is hooked up to the end of the cable