VCD, SVCD, KVCD??????

hid

Hey all :D

What is the difference between these file types. I know quality is one but which one is best to use to playing video's of cd and

Could someone please recommend me a software that converts any movie and video types to VCD and SVCD related media e.g. from AVI to kvcd, svcd etc.

Thanks ;)

KVCD should be the best quality wise for standard CD-Rom's, but SVCD just as good and would be my preference. I wouldn't waste my time converting/burning VCD's. The quality leaves a lot to be desired.

As far as a program which can convert all of these files types, I use Xilisoft Video Converter. It gets the job done for me without issue.

I've attached a couple of modified screenshots of the program which explains some of it's key features.

xilisoftvideoconverter8mt.th.jpg xilisoftvideoconverterformats6.th.jpg

EDIT: Get the program from Xilisoft Video Converter

If you are looking to fit everything onto a single CD, KVCD is the best choice. It has better quality than a VCD.

If you are looking for the best quality, SVCD would be it but you would need to split the movie onto two CDs (at least).

TMPGEnc (with KVCD parameters) will do the trick (it will also handle SVCD), and you can find tutorials at HERE The site should also have other programs that can help you.