HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!

tommie gorman

I'm not Catholic so I don't observe Saint Patrick's Day.If you read the history this is an anti-protestant holiday.At least origionally.In Ireland some protestants wear orange on Saint Patrick's Day at risk of being shot by the IRA.The IRA seems less active today than it once was with all the other terrorism.

I actually think the majority should rule in Ireland & if they want it all Catholic it should be that way.Let the Protestants move to England.This is my opinion & I'm a Protestant.

Or imigrate to America where we allow all religions.Sometimes at our peril.

Here's the story, for anyone who is interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick

Thnx for the lnk, I blew through this page , and still wondering other than " finding him W/ his goblet" , why we all feel the need to get wasted on this day.??????????Maybe I shouldhave read in more detail.

Happy St. pats day :occasion14:

O'Gorman, my great grandpa came over on the boat. And to sound more american, well. Any way her is an explanation:

Why Saint Patrick's Day?

Saint Patrick's Day has come to be associated with everything Irish: anything green and gold, shamrocks and luck. Most importantly, to those who celebrate its intended meaning, St. Patrick's Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide.

So, why is it celebrated on March 17th? One theory is that that is the day that St. Patrick died. Since the holiday began in Ireland, it is believed that as the Irish spread out around the world, they took with them their history and celebrations. The biggest observance of all is, of course, in Ireland. With the exception of restaurants and pubs, almost all businesses close on March 17th. Being a religious holiday as well, many Irish attend mass, where March 17th is the traditional day for offering prayers for missionaries worldwide before the serious celebrating begins.

In American cities with a large Irish population, St. Patrick's Day is a very big deal. Big cities and small towns alike celebrate with parades, "wearing of the green," music and songs, Irish food and drink, and activities for kids such as crafts, coloring and games. Some communities even go so far as to dye rivers or streams green!

Again Happy St. Patricks Day!

And no I am not catholic either.