MPEG video's

hid

Hi.

You can use a program such as Sonic's DVDit or other types of CD authoring software (see below) if you need to include menus or chapter points (authoring tools). Some video editors, such as Adobe Premier, also will out put DVD from the timeline.

Or - and I haven't really tested this - you can try and simply convert the MPEG files to DVD streams using a video converter such as Xilisoft Video Converter. When I say I haven't tested it, I often output DVD streams to disk and then just burn them to the DVD later (not an image file, but DVD streams.) I have not tried this with the converter software.

The conversion settings you'd want to use (output) DVD (*.vob) profile.  Put the resulting file in a folder called VIDEO_TS and then burn the folder/file to DVD.

Now, all that said, the process will work using software computer playback. However, I'm not sure how it will react in a hardware player.  It may not have the required "control tracks" to make it run.

If you go this route, please let me know how it works out.

The conversion software is less expensive, for sure. But, if that doens't work using the trial version of the converter, your best bet will be one of the authoring programs from Sonic, Ulead, InterVideo, Cyberlink, or Adobe Encore.

Hope this helps.

DA