What would you do?

RTB

I bought Unreal 2004 a few months ago, then tried to install it on my dad's computer, because I didn't have this one at that moment. The Cd-key that came with the box was deemed wrong according to the installer. Just tried it again and again it won't install. Just rediculous, since the rest of the games on this computer are illigal and I just found a cd-key for those.

So... should I just do the same for this game and let my 'legal' Cd-key gather dust, or blow the Atari office up for being incredibly ironic and just find a Cd-key for UT2004?

I'm very pissed at Atari either way. :x

I bought Unreal 2004 a few months ago, then tried to install it on my dad's computer, because I didn't have this one at that moment. The Cd-key that came with the box was deemed wrong according to the installer. Just tried it again and again it won't install. Just rediculous, since the rest of the games on this computer are illigal and I just found a cd-key for those.

So... should I just do the same for this game and let my 'legal' Cd-key gather dust, or blow the Atari office up for being incredibly ironic and just find a Cd-key for UT2004?

I'm very pissed at Atari either way. :x

:evil:

Shouldn't have bothered to install it. Even at 800*600 the framerate sucks... which is weird.

I installed the demo on a P4 3 GHz with a Radeon 9600 Pro. Ran smoothly on 1024*768.

I know of a couple of differences between that computer and mine:

it has 1024 MB ram, mine has 512

it has a soundcard, mine is onboard, with no drivers apparantly yet

It might have a 256 MB radeon.

Different drivers.

Less costum stuff, like theme and background.

Blowing stuff up will have to wait in both real life and the virtual world. :x

buy 512 MB more RAM and you will be fine, i used to have 768 MB and game runned alot smooter then it does now on 512 MB.

if i check log, i have a memory usage of over 500 MB while playing............. THat result in XP using viritual memory from your hardrive instead, and that slow you down even more.

VanBuren :)

buy 512 MB more RAM and you will be fine, i used to have 768 MB and game runned alot smooter then it does now on 512 MB.

if i check log, i have a memory usage of over 500 MB while playing............. THat result in XP using viritual memory from your hardrive instead, and that slow you down even more.

VanBuren :)

lol.. i have 512 mb of ram, and when im playing it uses over 668 mb  (virtual memory) so imagon how laggy i am!