Best score ever from Charter's 3000/256

bamatide

Thanks for the welcome my friend. My upload averages 30-31 kb's. About normal for Charter I hear. As for the download speed, the average is 2500-3500, depending on when I test it. You lost me on the 3mb test question...is there a place on testmy.net to specifically get a 3 mb test.

what's wierd is I'm actually using his cablenut tweaks now, and my max is 2.9. could it be the norton 2002 pro inet security I just installed?  :oops:

if your cap is 3 Mbps and you get 2.9 i say its  nothing more to do. You can increase RWIN even more and get good burstspeeds and better score on speedtests, but that wont help the true speed, it might even slow you down over high latency routes.

VanBuren :)

thank you lots, but before I installed Norton, i was getting constant 2.9-3.4MBPs speeds. It may just me my Win 98se machine! it's ok...in a couple of days or so I will have a brand new, just out of the box Hewlett Packard 1170m Media Center pc...great piece of machinery! 512 DDR ram...pentium 4 ht 3.0 ghz processor...200 gb HDD...etc. :D :D :D :D :D:) :) :cool: :cool: :cool:

later

indestructable

thank you lots, but before I installed Norton, i was getting constant 2.9-3.4Mbps speeds. It may just me my Win 98se machine! it's ok...in a couple of days or so I will have a brand new, just out of the box Hewlett Packard 1170m Media Center pc...great piece of machinery! 512 DDR ram...pentium 4 ht 3.0 GHz processor...200 GB HDD...etc. :D :D :D :D :D:) :) :cool: :cool: :cool:

later

indestructable

Oh you was on Win 98se, that explains it, the TCP stack is not very good for broadband and also Norton take some resourses

I have Norton Internet security 2005 and cant see any performance drop, but im on win XP pro.

I bet speed will be back when you upgrade and install win XP.

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is: 320 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Upload Speed is: 39 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line: 6 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 26.26 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=G8VJYQML0

should get faster i hate SBC oh well alleast not the slowest in here lol

merged the silly double-post

yo Van alot of times i cant connect to ur site

I'm just messing with you...i certainly understand. as yo probably know, i am now using my media center, and I absolutely LOVE it! the HT procesor is essential...I haven't had one slowdown yet...and that's while I am streaming video, analysing a cd, watching live TV (yes, on my computer), etc, etc...

have a great day

indestructable :)

then the punk should go out and buy a quieter machine this exact second, don't you think?

:huh: Now now he's not into punk ....he is a headbanger  :headbang: , and we are taking a collection to help VanBuren buy a better and quieter machine ............and how much did you wanna give? :tongue:

8) Microwave

:huh: Now now he's not into punk ....he is a headbanger  :headbang: , and we are taking a collection to help VanBuren buy a better and quieter machine ............and how much did you wanna give? :tongue:

8) Microwave

:lol::haha::lol:

yea im a headbanger, i bang my head to my case every day until the vibrations stops  ;)

this case is what i goin to buy http://www.datorbutiken.com/se/default.php?artId=ANTSONATABLAP

hopefully  soon, unless it drops down from sky  :rolleyes: