how do you identify an IP address?

yibbleyab

yeah thats the same thing i got from my backtrace on Sygate.  Just gives me an e-mail that does nothing and a 1-800 number that "cant be reached from my calling area"

the IP addy is [snip]

if anyone could tell me more about this address I'd really appreciate it

Guest thecableguy

yeah thats the same thing i got from my backtrace on Sygate.  Just gives me an e-mail that does nothing and a 1-800 number that "cant be reached from my calling area"

the IP addy is[snip]

OrgName:    DoD Network Information Center

OrgID:      DNIC

Address:    3990 E. Broad Street

City:      Columbus

StateProv:  OH

PostalCode: 43218

NetRange:  7.0.0.0 - 7.255.255.255

CIDR:      7.0.0.0/8

NetName:    DISANET7

NetHandle:  NET-7-0-0-0-1

Parent:   

NetType:    Direct Allocation

Comment:    Defense Information Systems Agency

Comment:    DISA /D3

Comment:    11440 Isaac Newton Square

Comment:    Reston, VA 22090-5087 US

RegDate:    1997-11-24

Updated:    1998-09-26

RTechHandle: MIL-HSTMST-ARIN

RTechName:  Network DoD

RTechPhone:  +1-800-365-3642

RTechEmail:  **********@nic.mil

OrgTechHandle: MIL-HSTMST-ARIN

OrgTechName:  Network DoD

OrgTechPhone:  +1-800-365-3642

OrgTechEmail:  **********@nic.mil

Guest thecableguy

the IP addy is [snip]

Was it a specific port or a full boat scan.  Please be specific.  What type of websites do you visit and more important during the days that these scans took place what sites did you visit.

I think the bigger question should be why have you attracted the attention of a computer on a DoD net.  There are several possible "whew" type of answers like virus on someones lappy (lets hope not being its on a DoD net...but hey it happens)....and there are the "oh snit" reasons and I think those are self explanatory.

Guest thecableguy

Nope...it didn't but given the level of severity or more like lack thereof I'm inclined to think that this is related to a site you may have visited on those days OR you actually were scanned by something but not that address....a spoofed IP maybe.  Again you have not shared your surfing habits with us so it's hard to say.  I will say this much....if you are doing nothing wrong...fear not......nonetheless I'm sure it got your attention in a heartstopping kind of way for a moment though didn't it.

LOL  yeah seeing that many, and the many others before i started logging, is something that always piques my interest.  I know that a couple sites will scan me but nothin serious.  Just game sites and the like.  If it looks like its just a spoofing then i'm not too concerned about it. 

Thanks alot for the help.  Once again this place proves its the best site going  :D:twisted::D

Guest thecableguy

H

LOL  yeah seeing that many, and the many others before i started logging, is something that always piques my interest.  I know that a couple sites will scan me but nothin serious.  Just game sites and the like.  If it looks like its just a spoofing then i'm not too concerned about it. 

Thanks alot for the help.  Once again this place proves its the best site going :D:twisted::D

Heh....I think you didnt get where my concern was....and thats probably a good thing....but tell ya what...these days esp., if I discovered my puter was being scanned by a DoD IP, spoofed or not my initial reaction would require a minor change of undergarments.  I don't think you have anything to worry about unless you know something we don't.....

Cheers!