Forms

jamaicarocks

Wuz up ,

I'm in a serious deadline issue to get this problem solved..I tried googling and no help.........My company has decided to get feedback on products by using forms on the website .......I created the website using webpage maker and IIS to launch and run it......I use coffecup flash form builder to build the forms and implementationon the site is kewl .......yet when anyone fills out the form and submit .they get an error HTTP Error 405 - The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

This error transaltes to installing php4 or higher which I did but still getting the same error......Anyone has any experience in this could help Please!

Thanks!!

Guest thecableguy

Wuz up ,

I'm in a serious deadline issue to get this problem solved..I tried googling and no help.........My company has decided to get feedback on products by using forms on the website .......I created the website using webpage maker and IIS to launch and run it......I use coffecup flash form builder to build the forms and implementationon the site is kewl .......yet when anyone fills out the form and submit .they get an error HTTP Error 405 - The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

This error transaltes to installing php4 or higher which I did but still getting the same error......Anyone has any experience in this could help Please!

Thanks!!

While I can't help you with your exact problem may I suggest a quick alternative if you can't find any help....

I've used the service below before (also in a jam) and it's great....some of the features are just awesome.  You can have your entire form done in minutes...along with autoresponders etc....and you can try it for 15 days for free.

http://www.logiforms.com/

Another non-direct answer to your question, I personally believe Linux+Apache is much better for web servers than Windows+IIS

Maybe ASP backend?  That error is unfamiliar to me...

Could you maybe post a link to the form page? or pm it?

You need to turn off remote administration.. My guess is that it is running on port 80 which is the same port that IIS runs off of.. Either use ssh, the best way to remote admin, or change the port to an unassigned port.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers  <- should help in choosing a port

Make sure that you are also forwarding to the "server" so that all request go there.. this means static IP!  What ever you do dont put your machine in the DMZ..  you are just going to be asking for it.

I am assuming that you have already done this but update with all patches for the os and IIS