How good is your firewall?

dlewis23

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thecableguy

hey tommie, I get the same results...I think its just the DirecWay connection...someone explained it to me before when i did this test and posted the results...

Well...you are on Direcway and in theory (and by what they brag about having been a Dway sub many moons ago) you should have nothing to worry about but wow, something just doesn't look right there.

Yes, IE with no exceptions. That is why I was puzzled. And I just checked it. When I run Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0 it says that everything is OK.

My C: drive is NTFS. And my D: drive is FAT32(system restore). Those are the only issues I have ever seen. But emachines assured me that my system recovery, was almost bullet proof.

Is there something I am missing?

I just pushed the buttons in the firewall test, and it did the rest. MBSA is supposed to be a comp tech's tool(may have worded that wrong) to test for your security, updates, file types for security, firewall etc.. made by microsoft. Here, I'll go and get the link so you can what see what I mean.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsa2/default.mspx

Download is about 1/2 way down the page. This the one that made me think that FAT files were bad. When i checked with emachines they said that that was on purpose. I just did not know how this test tested, and thought that maybe having two types of files might confuse the test. Other than that this it not a joke, I really did not know.

The only other thing I can think of is when Bird Fan had me try Firefox, i made some changes to try and tweak the firefox browser, but I got rid of it, I did not think it would change IE any.

Hey Blunted 2, if you keep helping me, you might learn a few new weird things, I know i have. Lol.