How good is your firewall?

dlewis23

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am stealthed and I only have the firewall that is built into my Linksys router.  I am not running any software firewall nor am I running the XP firewall.

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2006-03-23 at 04:02:10

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

0 Ports Open

0 Ports Closed

1056 Ports Stealth

---------------------

1056 Ports Tested

ALL PORTS tested were found to be: STEALTH.

TruStealth: PASSED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,

- NO unsolicited packets were received,

- NO Ping reply (ICMP Echo) was received.

Here is another set of scans I recommend: http://scan.sygate.com/

What do yall think is some of the best firewalls? I passed everything as stealth, but fail because I receive ping echo requests. How do you stop replying to the echo requests?  :whaa:

Configure your firewall to block all ICMP traffic.

what kind of firewall are yall using to get a perfect score. I'm using zone alarm and I'm all red

Make sure the Internet Zone Security is set to high.

I prefer a hardware firewall.

same i am running both PCS with DFI MB's which have hardware firewalls built in plus my router has a firewall i dont run any firewall software.. i came up all stealthed except for port 80 which i have a webcam on

dn0 do you a linksys router?

dlewis I use a D-link DI-524 router.

So ,php, port 113 is used for some email apps?

I just looked it up and it looks like d-link does not stealth port 113 by default.

I am going to follow there directions on stealthing it (here), and retry the test.

" Attempting connection to your computer. . .

Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!

One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet."

I'm running Kaspersky

I win

wait is mine even good, why are all my ports closed? can i open them up is that hurtting my connection im so confused please help

Looks to me like you are wide open - completely visible to the internet.

What ISP do you use and what firewall?