How to screw up a computer... and then fix it?

Sonu

i got a good plan, you could open a .dll and set it to open with a random program because majority of programs require dlls when executed, so you can say OMG all my programs wont open i keep getting errors!

all you need to do to fix it is go to

My Computer>View>Folder Options>File Types

then reset ur .dll extention to none.. and itll work again

dll or dynamic link library is like a cluster of little programs that work together with big programs to help communicate with your computers drivers so u can access devices on ur comp.

so if they dont work .. you cant open most programs.

To do what i have suggested .. go into My Computer .. look for a .dll file extention. Then just double click the file...

it will  Open With.. and you select a program from the box

then like i said above to fix it just reset your dll extention to not using any program to open with by going to

My Computer>View>Folder Options>File Types

there isnt gonna be a "reset" button, you have to scroll through all the extensions and find .dll if your looking to change it manually from File Types.

a sample location of a DLL would be

C:Program FilesInternet Explorerie4.dll .... any dll will work

i have windows98SE so its probably different for XP users.. just go to ur HELP and type File Types and itll show u where they are..

and if u wanna find a dll .. which theres tons on ur computer just search for one using the Find Files and Folders feature on ur Start Menu

Dilated.... 3 questions.

1. Whered u get that theme i <3 it

2. Do you play cs 1.6?

3. Can u show me what fat phil is talking about... the file types

1. its a vista inspirant pack, it changes everything, from folder to the desktop and even login screen. check it out here http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.130.htm

2. i used to play 1.6, mostly play css and dod:s now.

3. go to my computer, then click on tools at the top, then folder options, then file types. look at screenshot if u need

fat phil ive already opened my computer and played with it i know inside my comp im just bad at USING the comp lol.... what servers do u play on... i play on ESpX Dust 1 and 2 and 1/2 servers and nuclear fall out cdsm sometimes

well good luck with ur comp plan, hope u get a new one

i usally float around with my clan into pubs.. i play on dertySouth server sometimes..and my clan server is Clan Trepidation's 24/7 Dust2 .. should be up 24/7 in 2-3 weeks

im off to bed .. glad to help someone .. even though its for bad intentions lol

the easiest way to fake a computer death ( i assume to ur parents ) is to unplug the big power cord from ther motherboard - i feel really stoopid telling you this since your trying to con someone....but oh well - think about it before doing it again - ....in other words, dont do it

Bad plan brother. If your parents are smart and just take it to Best Buy for a free check up they will more than likely quickly find the problem. All you will be doing is depriving yourself of a comp for a while. I would instead tell your parents of your problem while in BB looking at the mid level nicely priced pc's and hinting at your upcoming birthday/sweet 16/anniversary with your gf/the possible brain tumor you have due to your blurred vision and headaches. ;)