From DW4000 to DW7000

SpiceBoi

I'll save the sad story that's been taking place over the last month.  As there are already many people who understand the frustration with Dway & it's tech support & equipment.

Basically I upgraded from a DW4000 to DW7000 & it's been sad since day 1.  There are 2 computers in my home & they are used mostly for online gaming.  Now, after close to 4 years of using the DW4000 I became accustomed to the latency issues.  It never really bothered me since it was maybe 1/2 second or less.  Now, with the DW7000 we are experiencing up to 15 second lag & "rubber banding" like crazy.  I've spent countless hours dealing with tech support & surfing online for some kind of help.  Yesterday, after reading a post here about the grounding, I climbed up on my roof to check things out.  Sadly, I'm not seeing that my cables could grounded.  Could this be the problem after 4 previous years of acceptable connection? 

I'm at work at the moment and unable to post speed tests, but as soon as I get home this evening I'll be sure to run & post my results.  Thanks ahead of time for any help or suggestions.

I'll save the sad story that's been taking place over the last month.  As there are already many people who understand the frustration with Dway & it's tech support & equipment.

Basically I upgraded from a DW3000 to DW7000 & it's been sad since day 1.  There are 2 computers in my home & they are used mostly for online gaming.  Now, after close to 4 years of using the DW3000 I became accustomed to the latency issues.  It never really bothered me since it was maybe 1/2 second or less.  Now, with the DW7000 we are experiencing up to 15 second lag & "rubber banding" like crazy.  I've spent countless hours dealing with tech support & surfing online for some kind of help.  Yesterday, after reading a post here about the grounding, I climbed up on my roof to check things out.  Sadly, I'm not seeing that my cables could grounded.  Could this be the problem after 4 previous years of acceptable connection? 

I'm at work at the moment and unable to post speed tests, but as soon as I get home this evening I'll be sure to run & post my results.  Thanks ahead of time for any help or suggestions.

Welcome to the forum SpiceBoi!  :)

No grounding would definately affect your latency. As for why it worked fine on the 3000, I don't know. Wasn't the 3000 a one-way system?

3000 systems were hybrid dial return systems, therefore there was no transmitter.  Most of the grounding issues come from the transmitter not being grounded.  If not grounded, it will build up static and you will see severely degraded service.

3000 systems were hybrid dial return systems, therefore there was no transmitter.  Most of the grounding issues come from the transmitter not being grounded.  If not grounded, it will build up static and you will see severely degraded service.

Then he got a new installation? So that would explain why he didn't have problems before he upgraded.

Thanks for the welcome!

Edited original post.  It was a 4000 2 way that I had before the 7000.  Sorry for the mix-up.

At home now & ran the speed tests:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1042 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 127 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/24 - 4:56pm

Bottom Line:: 19X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 8.06 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 23.515 seconds to complete

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 8.88 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-P8DU6TSML

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 165 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 20 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net  (main)

Test Time:: 2006/03/24 - 4:58pm

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 51.2 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 28.74048 seconds to complete

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 85.39 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KJ4EMVBA9

Been testing my speeds over the last few days & here are the results.  Guess you guys knocked some sense into my system  :)   things seem to be working...for the moment at least.  Good to know I have a place to come for people that are knowledgable & willing to help.

https://testmy.net/tools/database/personal_stats_30d.php?user_name=SpiceBoi&m=03&d=26&Y=2006