Argh, I keep getting dropped from Maple Story! (HELP)

Adaman

Knowing that many tech-heads visit this board, I have decided to post this topic here, as opposed to the Maple Story board.

You see, I am on Windows XP SP 2, using a Netgear MR18V2 (I think that's the model) and my ISP is surewest.net (Which is an excellent ISP, 10 Megs upload and download).

This problem does not occur with any other online games that I play.

I log onto the game, enter Bera, my server, and attempt to start playing. As soon as I enter the game (or soon after), I lag out. This usually occurs as soon as I enter the playing field, or immediately after using a teleporter to enter a different map.

Any help or suggestions you can provide would help much.

Not knowing anything about Maple but, have u tried making a new account and logging into a different server or using a different account and logging into the same server.

Also is there any hacking on maple?, i remember in diablo 2 and MU there were programs that allowed people to flood and drop users from the server or game.

Did this start happening randomly or has it been an ongoing problem. Was there any major changes you made to ur comp prior to noticing the problem?

I made an error in the router model: It is a Netgear MR814v2.

I'm going to only use DMZ in a last-resort scenario. I'd rather not take any additional risks.

And I've been able to play MS just fine on my friends computer...I seriously doubt that it's the result of hackers dropping people from the server.

I'm going to download and re-install MS again I suppose...and that goes same for DirectX 9.0 (I think that's the latest version).

As always, thanks for the help guys! testmy.net has the best community out of any message board I've ever visited!

EDIT: I tried re-installing MS and DirectX9 (which is needed to play), but I still lag out!

Maybe if I forward some ports...but what ports should I forward? :?

EDIT two: fallowearth, I went to that site and looked up my router model, but it doesn't offer any port forwarding suggestions for MapleStory...