I bet nobody can beat me on this 1 . no cheating :)

Blunted 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got a newer computer,used but much better then what I had,although I so hate Compaq computers cause there is no jumpers at all on the mobo to overclock the biatch. But I'm happy with it.

Talked the guy down from $180 to $125... that's Canadian money.

Those are excatly the ones we got for our com maintnace program at school Fattymcbluff

they got them for us from a room that had not been used since the school was built in 96 since then all the comps that broke were just piled up there

we found a 66mhz one and we actually got it to run linux

Found my spare Seagate that goes in my Hyundai 80286 comp. Made some pics but my posting site is down right now - maybe later.  This is a trip down memory lane.

SEAGATE  ST-251-1,  5 1/4' platters, 1/2 ht., 40MB. Price in 1988 was $ 479.00 - sure hurt to buy it then. Still works - little on the slow side tho. Little heavy too.

Guest thecableguy

Here are the pics.  Hope they come out. This is my first attempt on this forum with this site.

SEAGATE  ST-251-1  40MB

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Mind sharing the whoppers in that pic....I'm starved....even if they are from 1998 they will still be okay to eat!  :)

No it's not on line.  Don't have a modem in it.  I have a few spare ones tho, I'll look them up and see if it will talk.  When I said it was slow - it's a 12MHz machine 80286,  640kB of ram and that ST-251 wasn't a barn burner.  I'll just have to see what I can do.  Let you know ,  down the road.  It's running DOS 3.11, had to put that in to be able to have a 1.44MB floppy drive - they were new back then. Good Microsoft or Logitek mouse would run you  $50 to $75 dollars.  Good Old Days -HUH !!!!!!

Jim

Tired and Retired   :haha:  :haha:  :haha:

Anybody ever fool with a Touch Screen Hewlett-Packard? Weird sucker !!!!  Ball to use.

Them Whoppers are real GOOD !!!